Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
construction001.jpg

construction002.jpg

construction003.jpg

construction004.jpg

construction005b.jpg

construction006.jpg

Ok, my honest opinion is that these are muddy. Meaning that there needs to be an absolute white and an absolute black as well as the greys. These are too grey. Also they are all underexposed. You have lost details in the black.

Thanks for your honesty! :) I've been reading a bunch of old pre-digital photography books, and love how dark the blacks look from back then, guess I was focusing on that a bit more that the picture as a whole.

It's easy to lose track of the image as a whole when one aspect appeals very strongly. When you're done processing, look at the image carefully and look for white things that aren't white (eg clouds) and make them white again.

Too true... as I'm seeing lol.
It's easy to lose track of the image as a whole when one aspect appeals very strongly. When you're done processing, look at the image carefully and look for white things that aren't white (eg clouds) and make them white again.

Sometimes learning the basics from the pre-digital photography books is the best way. The basics are the same even if the equipment isn't. Keep posting. I've learned a lot from this forum because these people speak truth and aren't biased like your friends and family are. My grandma thinks all my stuff is great. lol

I. Know what you mean, I've shown friends/family some of the most horrendous photos, and they've still said they were great. That's a big part of why I joined here, people seem to be pretty honest when it comes to CC, but not in a "bad" way. I'll definitely keep posting. :)

Thanks again for the input.
Sometimes learning the basics from the pre-digital photography books is the best way. The basics are the same even if the equipment isn't. Keep posting. I've learned a lot from this forum because these people speak truth and aren't biased like your friends and family are. My grandma thinks all my stuff is great. lol

Thanks for your honesty! :) I've been reading a bunch of old pre-digital photography books, and love how dark the blacks look from back then, guess I was focusing on that a bit more that the picture as a whole.
Actually is still not too late to grab a Nikon, load it with Tmax 100, slap on the lens orange filter and put readings into practice. :bek113: It is not that hard to do and actually it is easier to get the images right in conditions of substantial dynamic range right in the camera.
Composition wise I like #3 best.

I've kind of gone back to basics with film & filters these days. For me, I feel like I slow down & concentrate more on the shots. I get more of a sense of craft from it. I'm currently reading Ansel's trilogy, and love it. I'm taking a film & print class that came open at a community college in FTW.

@Th0r4z1n3 , keep shooting and reading, all you can. And you're dead on to look for critique outside family & friends. Best of luck :)

Oh yeah, one other thing ... I would suggest reading about art composition & design ... studying paintings by the old masters and really looking into why they're great.

I like the brutalist look but the dullness and the lack of sharpening really hurts.

This picture would be much better without the car, I think.

construction002lllll.jpg

Most reactions

Back