constructive criticism on my photography style?

Too many to comment on, but in general I think you have some nice ideas going on there. I particularly like the eye one.

Damn. I was expecting the usual amatuer who totes a D40 that never comes off AUTO mode. I really like them. I can't quite put my finger on what I like, but I really do dig the style.

The dominoes and the staircase are the ones that really grab my attention. That said they're all pretty awesome.

You have some nice images here.

The dominos would make a good stock image.

I was wondering about a couple of things. 1. Do you shoot in the RAW data format. 2. How do you do your black and white conversions? In camera or post process. 3. What have you done, investigation wise, into the realms of composition.

really? I was considering it as one of the weaker ones
ok,so
1. I think so since I haven't changed anything.
2. post process, I never use the b/w function in camera because I like to have the choice to leave something colored or not
3.sorry, I don't quite understand :blushing: what do you mean?

very nice pics. i would level out that first shot though. it's tilted.

thank you!
ok, I will. I actually didn't even see it. I have already leveled it out but I really couldn't see that it was still tilted. Maybe there's something wrong with my eyes..:p

Nice shots. They're a little over processed for me, but that's just taste. Did you know it's illegal to take pictures of the Eiffle Tower? Atleast that's what I've heard. I just found that out a little while ago. Did you get permission/not know/not care?

Nice shots. They're a little over processed for me, but that's just taste. Did you know it's illegal to take pictures of the Eiffle Tower? Atleast that's what I've heard. I just found that out a little while ago. Did you get permission/not know/not care?

From the Eiffel tower website:-

Q : Are we allowed to publish photos of the Eiffel Tower?
A : There are no restrictions on publishing a picture of the Tower by day. Photos taken at night when the lights are aglow are subjected to copyright laws, and fees for the right to publish must be paid to the SETE.

So no, it's not illegal to photograph and publish photographs of the Eiffel Tower for any purpose during the day, but at night you have to pay if you intend to publish (by publish I take it that it means when making money from the photo)

yeah, i was gonna say... how is it illegal to photograph something in the public domain? good to know.

yeah,indeed.I find it rather absurd to allow people to photograph the eiffel tower only by day.

Nice work. I really enjoy the one with the staircase.

#1 - Not a fan of fake B&W shots, and why is the tower out of focus? Very nice idea though.

#2 - I would go for a little more black in the dominoes, other than that, nice.

#3 - Another fake, but nice subject.

#4 - Just makes me want to loose my dinner, colors are horrible.

#5 - Subject is OK, very well executed though. If anything, maybe just a touch too bright, but that is being really picky.

#6 & #7 - Very nice!

#8 - Well done photo but I would rather see some colors.

Allan

What makes a B&W fake? Why is one B&W fake, but another not? I don't mean to be rude, I just don't understand!

The French are trying to copyright the light display, but copyright by legal definition applies to something in a permanent and substantial form. That definition can certainly NOT be applied to any light display, so that "restriction" is not being taken seriously by most pros.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back