constructive criticism on my photography style?

bluemary

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm really interested in opinions from photographers or those who enjoy photography as much as I do. I usually only hear the opinions of my friends, who only take pictures for fun or when they are on holidays.
I would really appreciate it if you gave me some criticism on my pictures, if you like them or not, what I can do better or if I have a style at all.
So here they are:
Paris_IV.jpg

dom3.jpg

32.jpg

appl1.jpg

21.jpg

miyuki.jpg

eyee3.jpg

angel.jpg

Damn those are some awesome pictures. I expesialy like the one with the stairs the tower and the girl holding the apple. Very awesome shots.

I dig them, I'm not a big fan of the "soft glow" look but I can see them being categorized as fine art. I'd crop out the bottom concrete strip in the first picture to add more symmetry. The rest are fine but the last one takes me a while to interpret the meaning of the picture. I think in the future, try to create compositions that immediately make the viewer interpret what they're looking at. That's also something I am working on as well...Telling a story with a photograph separates them from the rest.

wow,thanks!
I know about that border on the bottom but cropping it would also make the top of the tower disappear.
I looove soft glow :blushing:
telling a story with a picture is always the hardest part I think. Or not telling it but delivering it..

wow,thanks!
I know about that border on the bottom but cropping it would also make the top of the tower disappear.
I looove soft glow :blushing:
telling a story with a picture is always the hardest part I think. Or not telling it but delivering it..
What program do you use? Photoshop/Lightroom allows you to crop your pictures out of its aspect ratio. As long as your having fun, I'm sure you can deliver a story. :drool:

What program do you use? Photoshop/Lightroom allows you to crop your pictures out of its aspect ratio. As long as your having fun, I'm sure you can deliver a story. :drool:

I use photoshop but I still don't get it entirely.
Sure,it's my definition of fun ;)

I dig them, I'm not a big fan of the "soft glow" look but I can see them being categorized as fine art. I'd crop out the bottom concrete strip in the first picture to add more symmetry. The rest are fine but the last one takes me a while to interpret the meaning of the picture. I think in the future, try to create compositions that immediately make the viewer interpret what they're looking at. That's also something I am working on as well...Telling a story with a photograph separates them from the rest.

Ok, I'll admit I'm new to photography but what story was told in the last photo. Am I missing something??

The first one is the only one that really appeals to me personally, the rest I'm not a huge fan of the PP (namely the soft look of them). Straighten your horizon in the first one and its perfect.

Nice work! The apple shots look like a knockoff of the Twilight book cover though (if you've even heard of it over there). It's still a nice shot though.

Nice work! The apple shots look like a knockoff of the Twilight book cover though (if you've even heard of it over there). It's still a nice shot though.

Of course I've heard of it and I've read all of them too :) I don't live on the moon. :lol:
It was supposed to look like the cover but I tried to make it a lot brighter and without the black background. Like a summer version of it.
Thanks!

I'm really interested in opinions from photographers or those who enjoy photography as much as I do. I usually only hear the opinions of my friends, who only take pictures for fun or when they are on holidays.
I would really appreciate it if you gave me some criticism on my pictures, if you like them or not, what I can do better or if I have a style at all.
So here they are
You have some nice images here.

The dominos would make a good stock image.

I was wondering about a couple of things. 1. Do you shoot in the RAW data format. 2. How do you do your black and white conversions? In camera or post process. 3. What have you done, investigation wise, into the realms of composition.

#1 - Not a fan of fake B&W shots, and why is the tower out of focus? Very nice idea though.

#2 - I would go for a little more black in the dominoes, other than that, nice.

#3 - Another fake, but nice subject.

#4 - Just makes me want to loose my dinner, colors are horrible.

#5 - Subject is OK, very well executed though. If anything, maybe just a touch too bright, but that is being really picky.

#6 & #7 - Very nice!

#8 - Well done photo but I would rather see some colors.

Allan

Most reactions

Back