Continuing experiments with my D40

Adour

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
ljandclare.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello again all, thank you for you feedback to my first post. I have taken many more shots since then and the 4 below are the best i think.

They are all taken at work, which is a great subject matter, however, I the bright sunlight is not ideal for 'stunning' shots I don't believe, so I plan to get some more at dawn and dusk to try and spice things up.

That said I think that these qualify as 'interesting' photos and therefore worthy of some C&C as the saying goes.

Anyway, feel free to comment I am especially interested in thoughts on composition as well as the technical aspects.

dsc_0810.jpg

dsc_0910.jpg

dsc_0911.jpg

4. This has been cropped and is an attempt to show the jet blast, I am not sure if it works..?
dsc_0912.jpg

Honestly, I can't find much positive about these shots. Outside of the planes there is nothing that will keep a persons interest. If this your work place you should redo. I would take advantage of the planes. and get focused shots of them.

Ha! Thank you, I have hundreds of focus shots but believe it or not i am not a big fan of aircraft in pictures. I was trying to do something different with the subject matter to make it less sterile.

I will trawl through some of the others and see if can't post them as well.

Adour

the lack of focus real kills these for me.. and some of the subject matter is boring to me.. i.e. the signs... i understand that you find the planes boring.. they are your job,, you likely see them every day...however, I dont see fighter jets every day, and I think they are amazing... if your not wanting focused planes because they are boring and sterile for you, thats fine... keep the pics that are what you like... but the ones you should post here are the ones that are interesting.. i.e. the focused ones.. because these to me, just look like you had no idea what you were doing with your camera, which I'm sure isnt true.

Ok, so here are some more conventional pictures of the aircraft. C&C galdly taken.

dsc_0611.jpg

dsc_0612.jpg

dsc_0613.jpg

dsc_0913.jpg

2,3 & 4 are 'as shot' I think the levels need adjustment on all, but to be honest better natural light would help all around I think..?

Looks like it might be more your white balance is off, but yes alittle levels adjustments and expsoure/contrast tweaks would be cool.
Nice shots.

Nice shots. One thing that can help, and I know it's not always possible, is to shoot with the sun more on the planes, bringing out more detail. Seems like, judging from the shadows, they were taken midday making the bodies seem a little dark.

I do actually like the very first photo you posted. However, the bokeh in the photo (I think it's your lens) actually makes me feel a bit queasy; makes me feel like I've got beer goggles on :).

Otherwise, I like the first photo of the second post (apart from that dusk speck).

Most reactions

Back