What's new

Continuing to practice HRD conversion.

Wyjid

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 28, 2008
Messages
836
Reaction score
0
Location
Muskoka Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any C&C on the conversion? probs, things to work on?

granitehdrsm.jpg
 
Nice shot. The color of the rock doesn't ring true for me, which is a problem I have with many of my own novice HDR attempts. I encounter that issue less often with exposure blending than with tone mapping.
 
actually it's a white balance thing. i did it like that. the granite is very pink to start, and to help it along some i set the white balance to daylight neon light setting. that's why the clouds have a very slight pinkish hue. i've never really with exposure blending. how do you do that?
 
Well, I have Photomatix, and there the exposure blending option is one of three. I'm guessing you use Photoshop, and I don't know what it can do.

I had the white-balance issue as well until I started adjusting the white balance on the RAW images before I turned them into an HDR. You might try that. It pretty much solved the problem for me.
 
it wasn't a prob though. it was set that way. on purpose.
 
I like the scene, composition is great, sky is great...but the color just does not process correctly in my mind. Are you trying to give the scene an artificial sunset look?

The sky just seems too blue to give off that color on the ground. Just my thoughts.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom