Corpus Bay

LShooter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a shot from the bay in Corpus Christi, TX. Enjoy.

$12251138233_cc28970992_b.jpg

Hmm, I like it.

Did you go black and white because the sky was blown out? Or for what reason?

I cant tell if I would like it more in color or not, but its definitely pleasant to look at.

I really like this shot..lots going on here and great movement all over!...and super great exposure IMO!! I would have shaved a tiny bit more off the top...and hope it's not HDRified;)

I really like this shot..lots going on here and great movement all over!...and super great exposure IMO!! I would have shaved a tiny bit more off the top...and hope it's not HDRified;)

Exactly, except for maybe shaving the top. Not sure about that

Nice picture!! I used to live right on the Laguna Madre in the late 80s. Crazy sunrises and sunsets.

It's time for a MAJOR sensor cleaning, LShooter!!!

It seems to have all of the subject elements to make it a pleasing image: clouds, boats, water, reflections. However, none of these elements have more or less pull in visual interest, and as a result, they compete with each other and distract from each other. If I try to enjoy the lines of the boats, the clouds interrupt and take over. If I try to enjoy the reflections, the dock and pole interrupt me. I do not think it is a bad image. It is an image with conventionally pleasing subjects, but it lacks a certain kind of visual flow that navigates the viewer through the elements in a seamless way.

It seems to have all of the subject elements to make it a pleasing image: clouds, boats, water, reflections. However, none of these elements have more or less pull in visual interest, and as a result, they compete with each other and distract from each other. If I try to enjoy the lines of the boats, the clouds interrupt and take over. If I try to enjoy the reflections, the dock and pole interrupt me. I do not think it is a bad image. It is an image with conventionally pleasing subjects, but it lacks a certain kind of visual flow that navigates the viewer through the elements in a seamless way.

This is one of the reason I don't shoot at the T head often, it's very busy and chaotic, however, this shot is awesome, especially for where it was shoot. Lshooter, I live in Corpus too. Great shot.

I love it, its pleasantly chaotic.

I love it, its pleasantly chaotic.
Seems like it is the trick here. :D
But Jenko impression is similar to my, this landscape (or waterscape :wink:) was a job for large format camera capability I think. Very high vantage point and tilt of the front down. that would "uncompress" the space. The sky is maybe a bit overdone, it's too "heavy" visually.
This harbor is an interesting place to shoot, but it's not easy one. Keep trying, if you have opportunity.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back