zombiesniper

Furtographer Extraordinaire!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.trevorbaldwin.space
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So our Costco had these paisley 60"X102" tablecloths on for $20 CAD ($0.98 USD lol).
I though they would make interesting portable backgrounds.
Luna was kind enough to pose for me. I would have liked to have a darker dog for this but I may darken the background on the next one to see if I like it better.

Luna by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

The tablecloth in the package.

IMG_0456.jpg

Haven't posted any of Luna lately. Looks like she might be fluffing out her winter coat.

Cool idea on the table clothes. Might have to check that out. What about wrinkles? I bought a few Wally World brand sheets which come in a variety of colors and patterns. They're thin enough that you can stretch them and get most of the wrinkles out. The steamer gets the rest.

OK, I never comment on this kind of stuff because I know literally nothin about portraiture. However, imho, the pattern seems a bit busy to me and maybe could be subdued by moving the subject farther from it and or a shallower depth of field. Now... I have my grown up pants on so fire away.

Great idea! My pups would love this background. I spent $5 US on a black panel curtain for a backdrop, although it is narrow.

Haven't posted any of Luna lately. Looks like she might be fluffing out her winter coat.

Cool idea on the table clothes. Might have to check that out. What about wrinkles? I bought a few Wally World brand sheets which come in a variety of colors and patterns. They're thin enough that you can stretch them and get most of the wrinkles out. The steamer gets the rest.

Thanks. Luna needs to have a trip to the groomer. She's a little more fluffy than normal. lol
These tablecloths are decently thick (three to four times as thick as a bed sheet. Wrinkles were taken out by washing and drying.

OK, I never comment on this kind of stuff because I know literally nothin about portraiture. However, imho, the pattern seems a bit busy to me and maybe could be subdued by moving the subject farther from it and or a shallower depth of field. Now... I have my grown up pants on so fire away.

I completely agree that perfectly in focus is not how I see using this. I also see colouring it red. Plus Luna is to light a dog for this colour of back drop. A darker dog like my old Rottie would have been better.
No need for me to fire at you. They're good observations.

Great idea! My pups would love this background. I spent $5 US on a black panel curtain for a backdrop, although it is narrow.

After buying a few $90 backdrops I quickly realized I was an idiot since they're nothing but cloth. I can buy that near anywhere. I just need to keep an eye out for something thick enough.

Most reactions

Back