cottage pics for C&C

justashot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took these pics on our last long weekend in Ontario.

These are the ones i like.
let me know what you guys think

lazy.jpg

dawn.jpg

deck.jpg

I like the third one but if it were my photo I would crop it so that whatever is on the horizon in the distance to the left was not in the photo.:thumbup:

I really like the 3rd picture, although it could be a little bit lighter. Also crop out the bottom part of the image to get rid of some darkness and bring the horizon off center (rule of third)?

#2 - going for a silhouette exposure? also did you use flash in this image? because the top right is tree seem like it is illuminated by flash or some other source of lighting

just my 2 cents

thanks guys...

no i didn't use the flash in Pic #2
maybe the sun reflection off the water? the branch in the left of the pic is dark

they could all benefit from some cropping. 1 in particular to straighten out the horizon and bring the sun a little of centre to the left. that will go a long way in that image which is your best.

# 1 is a cool concept, sortve wish the trees werent on the other side of him, wouldve been cool to have his hands behind his head in the 'relaxed' position, because relaxation just seems to be the theme haha.

I like 3 a lot, the dock is interesting to me ( and I love photographs involving water ). As stated above the land the the left on the horizon could be taken out by cropping, or just cloning it out.. giving it a more 'great wide open' feel to it. Personally I dont like the plants in the foreground that much. Could also try this in a longer exposure to smooth out the water a little which might add interest.

Most reactions

Back