Cotton's stuffs

CottonTheMoth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, I just googled up "photography forums" because I've never taken part in any photographic community and I think that this place could help me get better :)
I started off with some crap 5-in-1 radioshack device and moved up to a Kodak Z740. When I took a photography class last year I really got into it and this year I decided on a DSLR, the Canon Rebel XSi. I'm not made of money so I got a Sigma 70-300mm for $150 and it's the only lens I have right now. I'd like to buy a wide angle soon and maybe a couple of filters (polarizer, IR). So, here's some of my stuff!

IMG_0638_smalleredited.jpg

I've got lots of pictures of dragonflies. After I took some and reviewed them on the computer I was amazed by how different they looked up close. I'd never seen any macro shots of dragonflies before.

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

Last edited:
Too many to comment and they're also not numbered.

I like your close-ups of the bugs. That's about all I can offer at the current time.

#3 makes me laugh. :)

Good to see you eliminated some... LOL!!!

#3 IS pretty funny.

Not too keen on the baseball guy. Seems a bit dark and I don't know if it's the image or the shot. But the there's a gradient halo around the shadow from his cap. Is that normal?

Good to see you eliminated some... LOL!!!

#3 IS pretty funny.

Not too keen on the baseball guy. Seems a bit dark and I don't know if it's the image or the shot. But the there's a gradient halo around the shadow from his cap. Is that normal?

I'm pretty sure that that's caused from the different positions of all the floodlights. All I can think of anyways lol. Oh and #3 is my dad xD.

Most reactions

Back