could use some advice.

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by n00b enthusiast, Apr 15, 2019.

1. GANGGREEN

GANGGREEN TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    You'll be surprised by how many clicks you'll make. I'm very much a hobbyist, but I've been known to take a few hundred photos at my kids' wrestling matches, soccer games, football or baseball games. It's also very easy to take 1000 photos or more while on vacation if you go somewhere neat. I've been to Alaska twice and think I took over 2000 photos the first time there in 5 or 6 days. All that said, I think you've gotten some good advice and don't think you need to break the bank to take decent photos. I had a Canon 20D that I got for a little bit of nothing and with decent glass it took outstanding photos, wish I still had that camera.

2. Original katomi

Original katomi No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

I am going to make a slight correction to your post. Re canon lens.
    If you use a crop sensor body such as 600d 60d 7d you can use both EF and EFS lens.
    As you have said EFS lens will not fit on canon, FULL Frame bodies. There is a new mount coming out from canon what the compatibility on that will be I have no idea.
    I buy EF lens for my crop sensor canon as If I decided to upgrade to FF then I will not have to change all my lens

3. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    Canon's EF-S mount will not work on Canon FF or 1.3 x FOV cameras, or the first three(?) generations of Canon APS-C camera(D30,D60, and 10D). Only the newer versions of Canons APS-C bodies can used EF-S mount lenses.

Canon or other-branded EF lenses work on APS-C, 1.3x, and full-frame Canon d-slrs.

The Canon EF mount is usable on almost all Canon cameras made since what? 1987 is it?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Original katomi

Original katomi No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I sit corrected lol

5. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    My original post was missing some info.

Nikon's DX and non-DX lens issue is frequently brought up as a negative, but ALL F-mount lenses use the same rear flange-to-film or flange-to-sensor distance, Canon's EF-S and Ef mounts both have differing registration distances, which is, IMO, a really bad idea for users, possibly a way to FORCE EF-S lens owners to update lenses if they go to to 1D-series or 5D series bodies.

Using an extension tube or tele-converter may allow use of EF-S lenses on 1D or 5D series bodies.

6. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    " Canon 20D that I got for a little bit of nothing and with decent glass it took outstanding photos, wish I still had..."

The 20D was a pretty good shooter! The biggest issue, today, would be the small LCD, and the 8.2 MP sensor. I still have my 20D body ..the last time I shot it,I used adapted lenses on it, but yes, with good lenses, it still is capable of making nice pics!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Julian Gang

Julian Gang TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Although the camera you mention is excellent my camera is a Sony DSC-HX400v with a zoom lens instead of a fixed lens...Julian