could use some advice.

I sit corrected lol

My original post was missing some info.

Nikon's DX and non-DX lens issue is frequently brought up as a negative, but ALL F-mount lenses use the same rear flange-to-film or flange-to-sensor distance, Canon's EF-S and Ef mounts both have differing registration distances, which is, IMO, a really bad idea for users, possibly a way to FORCE EF-S lens owners to update lenses if they go to to 1D-series or 5D series bodies.

Using an extension tube or tele-converter may allow use of EF-S lenses on 1D or 5D series bodies.

" Canon 20D that I got for a little bit of nothing and with decent glass it took outstanding photos, wish I still had..."

The 20D was a pretty good shooter! The biggest issue, today, would be the small LCD, and the 8.2 MP sensor. I still have my 20D body ..the last time I shot it,I used adapted lenses on it, but yes, with good lenses, it still is capable of making nice pics!

really like nature photos and would very much enjoy making my own, but on a tight budget. not necessarily wildlife although eventually that too. manly right now just landscapes would be nice maybe even night time sky photos (i think astrophotography).

would really like to get a camera that i will like from now on. if a camera lasts 50,000 clicks and can get something with less than 10,000, i cannot imagine putting another 40,000 on it. also have been seeing some really nice photos from a canon 450d. they are bigger than my 27 inch monitor.

have been looking online and not in town yet. my initial idea was to get a second hand canon 45od body battery and charger around 8000 shutter count with 6 month warranty and looks very clean for $90+. then get either a very good prime lens or a 18-55 canon stm lens for less than $100.

then i notice deals for something like a nikon d3100 with one or two vr lenses, bag, and extras for about $200. also deals for something like a canon 550d with a couple kit lenses all in very nice shape for about $250.

if i am going to spend $250 then why not a open box nikon 3200 with everything that comes in the box including the two kit lenses and all in pristine condition, i am assuming unused it has a 6 month warranty.

thank you for any better ideas.
Although the camera you mention is excellent my camera is a Sony DSC-HX400v with a zoom lens instead of a fixed lens...Julian

Most reactions

Back