Couple more

Approach wasn't the best word and your correct that it is a personal expression.
I meant I normally do landscapes and cityscapes. Although it has helped me to see work like your own which then gives me a different outlook on how to approach composition of my landscapes. I think I grew a lot as a photographer once I started coming on forums and flickr and seeing people who shoot different subject matters then myself. Even If I don't plan to shoot still life I can learn on a compositional level

Wasn't sure, but the more i thought about it i thought perhaps you might mean landscape.

In the 70"s I did quite a bit of landscape work as i was studying with landscape folks, but decided it wasn't for me.

It is interesting how what we are drawn to changes (or it has with me) slowly and very quietly and then wow ; one day someone says why pots and pans from Waffle house? I don't know; because it was there !

The still life found me. I teach at an art center and everywhere , everywhere , still life set ups are in almost all classrooms at some time during the year. The painters always wanted to know what a photographer would do so I began, both in black and white and then with Polariod products. Just another one of those things that just happened. I have thought many times, being surrounded by all those painters worked on my brain on an unconscience level. Even the pottery and jewerly needs good compostion. In fact a few weeks ago the head of the pottery department and I had a long conversation on this very subject; compostion and pottery.

The creative life is so much fun.

something about the water in #2 is kinda sketchy to me

seems unbelievably pixelated, even if it is just rippled or whatever it is

other then that they look great

Yes its the ripples, and with HDR you are combining multiple exps so things like waves and ripples become more exaggerated

Yes its the ripples, and with HDR you are combining multiple exps so things like waves and ripples become more exaggerated

yes....I am aware of this
In most cases it isn't a big deal but, in my opinion it takes away a lot of power from that picture

if you copied the actual mountain and flipped it, since it is a reflection,
you can edit it in pretty realisticly

I did this in like 5 minutes, so it's not perfect
but it eliminated most of the rippling

5030035679_7485aaef5a_bcopy.jpg

Most reactions

Back