Couple of B&Ws

ShutterBug4_4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just went through a bunch of my photos. Here's a couple of b&w shots I found.

bw_rose.jpg

bw_secret_doors.jpg

Too dark?

bw_dock.jpg

Last one's a little pixely, I still gotta figure out how to fix that :?

Comments/Suggestions?

So let's start:
Picture 1: I would like to see it in color :) I think plants are this kind of stuff that shuld be colored :) But the focus and effect with drops is ok.

Picture 2: Very nice, and here, it is really good that it is in B&W :)

Picture 3: Just love it :) great composition

I absolutely adore the last one! Brilliant that it is in black and white, gives a sense of mystery to it :)

I like the second one the best. It makes the building look ancient. Gives it a kinda creepy horror movie look.

They are all still good.

Thanks for all the replies!

Picture 1: I would like to see it in color I think plants are this kind of stuff that shuld be colored But the focus and effect with drops is ok.

1.jpg

Did you just desaturate these in photoshop?

If so add some contrast to mimic "real" black and white film. The first looks particularly flat.

Yes I did! I agree, the first one was flat....so here we go!

3.jpg

Thanks for the helpful advice, I think that it looks much better, and I will try it with the others as well!!

hmm Thx for the colors... but now I'm sure that b&w is much better :) good work :)

I like what you did with the revision - that pretty much addressed my comments for the first one - the others I enjoyed just as they are. Nice.

Great photos and not too dark at all. The only thing I would say is don't be stingy with the unsharp mask! :p

I think B&W photos benefit especially from it, and even bordering on over-sharpening.

I already liked your first picture but the revised version is just about perfect. It really stands out for me.

Nice revision!

Most reactions

Back