What's new

Couple of Butt shots.

These are real nice.

Can you please give us the body/lens/settings please?

I like the bokeh in #1, outstanding.

Although I like #2, I feel that slightly more DOF to show the Aston Martin badge in focus might have been better. Maybe cropped slightly looser too.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments and comments.

Canon 50d W/ 70-200 f/2.8 IS
first was: ISO100, f/4, 200mm, 1/160 sec +-1 1/3 EV bracketing
second was: ISO400, f/4, 200mm, 1/500 sec +-2 EV bracketing
 
I like the increasing blur enhances well, congratulations.
 
Why do you feel you need to do HDR here?
 
Thanks for the compliments and comments.

Canon 50d W/ 70-200 f/2.8 IS
first was: ISO100, f/4, 200mm, 1/160 sec +-1 1/3 EV bracketing
second was: ISO400, f/4, 200mm, 1/500 sec +-2 EV bracketing

The Canon 70-200mm 2.8L IS (I & II) are such amazing lenses. I am so glad I got one, worth every last penny.

I hear that the bokeh on the version I is actually superior to the version II.

From the looks of this shot I feel thats probably true, that lens has some seriously beautiful bokeh! :thumbup:
 
Thanks for the compliments and comments.

Canon 50d W/ 70-200 f/2.8 IS
first was: ISO100, f/4, 200mm, 1/160 sec +-1 1/3 EV bracketing
second was: ISO400, f/4, 200mm, 1/500 sec +-2 EV bracketing

The Canon 70-200mm 2.8L IS (I & II) are such amazing lenses. I am so glad I got one, worth every last penny.

I hear that the bokeh on the version I is actually superior to the version II.

From the looks of this shot I feel thats probably true, that lens has some seriously beautiful bokeh! :thumbup:

thanks:)
 
Some nice looking ladies there, lol.

You must have some cool friends to let you just set up a tripod and everything right in the middle of an Aston Martin show room...

They both seem like they could use a little more DOF though. Especially the last one.

Actually, on the last one - I think a step or two back and to the side would have helped.
3 Exposure HDR images.

Didn't even notice - so, well done. :thumbup:
 
These are handheld;)

if I wanted to set up a tripod, it wouldn't be a problem, though, as this is where I work.
 
These are handheld;)

if I wanted to set up a tripod, it wouldn't be a problem, though, as this is where I work.

Ya its unreal how well the latest generation IS works.
 
no need for HDR here.. its almost as if you use HDR as a crutch.
 
no need for HDR here.. its almost as if you use HDR as a crutch.

Sorry, but I don't see how you could possibly say that without having been there, and seen the light. I would have never known it was HDR if he hadn't said so (which is good). That doesn't mean there was no need for it - maybe without it, the details outside the window would be blown out... Who knows... I wasn't there, so I have no clue.

And I don't generally even like HDR...

Hell, FILM is HDR, compared to digital. Is that a crutch? I get shots straight off the scanner that just aren't possible in one digital frame. Yes, it's a small difference, but it is a difference.
 
no need for HDR here.. its almost as if you use HDR as a crutch.

#1 is a good shot though

#2 had some really great potential if composed slightly better as well

Does it really matter if he uses HDR or not if they are good shots?

I don't personally think so.
 
And I don't generally even like HDR...

Hell, FILM is HDR, compared to digital. Is that a crutch? I get shots straight off the scanner that just aren't possible in one digital frame. Yes, it's a small difference, but it is a difference.

I shoot plenty of HDR
Robert here just uses HDR to make up for his lack of skills.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom