Couple of pics i took today !! please let me know how i can make them better!

phungcpu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
_DSC0360.jpg

_DSC0351.jpg

_DSC0337.jpg

_DSC0320.jpg

_DSC0310.jpg

_DSC0306.jpg

_DSC0302.jpg

_DSC0263.jpg

_DSC0109.jpg

_DSC0052.jpg

One request...when you post more that one or two images, please number them. It makes it a lot easier to comment on them if you do this, otherwise, people have to count down from the first picture and then remember which image it is that they are commenting on. It is very difficult to comment on a whole bunch of pictures which are all jammed together. Thanks.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Agree with above about numbering. Some very nice photographs there, very vibrant colours.
I would suggest that you dont cut stuff off (example,the top of the 1st bird and one of the flowers). Maybe photograph a little wider and it will give you the option to crop without cutting parts off.

I will number them all next time.. Thanks guy!!

The only cc I have is this: I personally would have scrapped the one with the bee. He's not in focus. Also- does the flower have a white halo around the very edge of the petals or is that from sharpening the image? (I know I've over-sharpened and produced that effect before, if it's not from that don't mind me.)

I will number them all next time.. Thanks guy!!

There is an edit button in the lower right of your post allowing you to edit the post and number the existing images. :thumbup:

can the flowers be sharper? im using a manual focus on my d90 the lens is a nikkor 105 mm micro

One general rec I'd give is, if in doubt shoot slightly wider and crop later. Several of these photos could have been better if they had just a few more centimeters/inches in one direction or another. When using zoom, I usually zoom in to the level I think I want and then zoom out just a little bit. (or when using a prime lens, walk up to the level I think I want and then step back a few steps) This way you have some leeway to crop later, which is especially useful if you need to straighten the image later. This small difference in zoom or where you're standing won't significantly change the character of the shot and you'll find yourself being able to perfect a lot of shots that you really liked, but were just a little bit off.

Just something I've found useful as a noob myself.

Most reactions

Back