JasonLambert
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Apr 16, 2010
- Messages
- 737
- Reaction score
- 14
- Location
- Hermitage, PA
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
What I Did:
So today I decided to wake up nice and early so that I could make use of the morning light and get some shots at an old cemetery. Well, I did wake up early (4:45am) but what I was expecting to be a nice dry morning was instead filled with rain. I was not about to let this stop me from getting out and shooting a little today.
I took the wifes car and went in search of SOMETHING to shoot. I needed to be able to sit in the back of the Calibers hatch so that I (and camera) would be protected from the rain. AhHa! Covered bridge! I backed the car down the road, with coffee in hand, carefully avoiding the deep potholes.
I got my first shot (#1) using my this setup: 50mm, f1.8, 1/2second, ISO 100 in manual mode. I wouldnt have used f1.8 but I wasnt thinking when I took the shot (needed more coffee).
The light on the left side of the photo was getting in my way so I took a quick ride to the other side of the bridge where I got my second shot (#2). I used the same setup as #3 and was pleased with the results.
My final shot (#3) I got a little more creative. I dove away from f1.8 and backed it off to f14 with a polarizing filter and a 4 second exposure.
What I Would Do Next Time:
I would remember to drink more coffee and change settings on the camera a little earlier. I need to make sure that I pay attention to every shots settings not just the composition of the shot.
In Conclusion:
I like the way the final image turned out. I may have to go back to this location again someday when the sun is out. The trees may make for nice colors.
1.
2.
3.
All CC welcome!
So today I decided to wake up nice and early so that I could make use of the morning light and get some shots at an old cemetery. Well, I did wake up early (4:45am) but what I was expecting to be a nice dry morning was instead filled with rain. I was not about to let this stop me from getting out and shooting a little today.
I took the wifes car and went in search of SOMETHING to shoot. I needed to be able to sit in the back of the Calibers hatch so that I (and camera) would be protected from the rain. AhHa! Covered bridge! I backed the car down the road, with coffee in hand, carefully avoiding the deep potholes.
I got my first shot (#1) using my this setup: 50mm, f1.8, 1/2second, ISO 100 in manual mode. I wouldnt have used f1.8 but I wasnt thinking when I took the shot (needed more coffee).
The light on the left side of the photo was getting in my way so I took a quick ride to the other side of the bridge where I got my second shot (#2). I used the same setup as #3 and was pleased with the results.
My final shot (#3) I got a little more creative. I dove away from f1.8 and backed it off to f14 with a polarizing filter and a 4 second exposure.
What I Would Do Next Time:
I would remember to drink more coffee and change settings on the camera a little earlier. I need to make sure that I pay attention to every shots settings not just the composition of the shot.
In Conclusion:
I like the way the final image turned out. I may have to go back to this location again someday when the sun is out. The trees may make for nice colors.
1.
2.
3.
All CC welcome!