COVID Toes

RowdyRay

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dude jumps from plane and forgets to pull chute cord; dies from COVID. New possible symptom: heavy bruising.

You have to remember there have been 3,362,426 negative tests to date, and only 801,038 positive in the US. That means the vast majority of people (~77%) who snub a toe are going to the hospitals for no reason, thinking they are infected, and just need a bandaid.

Dude jumps from plane and forgets to pull chute cord; dies from COVID. New possible symptom: heavy bruising.

You have to remember there have been 3,362,426 negative tests to date, and only 801,038 positive in the US. That means the vast majority of people (~77%) who snub a toe are going to the hospitals for no reason, thinking they are infected, and just need a bandaid.

It's possible he could've died from Covid-19 just before impact ................................... well, ok, never mind. lol! :rolleyes:

My mind isn't running away with me, and the media already has a hold of it. I've stayed calm throughout this whole ordeal. In fact, am the one to shoot down my family and friends conspiracy theories. This isn't athletes foot or a stubbed toe. It actually resembles frost bite. Since this broke, more doctors are reporting similar cases. Most are too busy dealing with the sick to worry about this. Think we'll hear a lot more when this is all over.

I didn't bring this up to start a huge thing. Do your own research. Stay informed. Stay safe.

My mind isn't running away with me, and the media already has a hold of it. I've stayed calm throughout this whole ordeal. In fact, am the one to shoot down my family and friends conspiracy theories. This isn't athletes foot or a stubbed toe. It actually resembles frost bite. Since this broke, more doctors are reporting similar cases. Most are too busy dealing with the sick to worry about this. Think we'll hear a lot more when this is all over.

I didn't bring this up to start a huge thing. Do your own research. Stay informed. Stay safe.

Thanks, Ray. The disease is very new and doctors are still learning about it. Right now, it's not clear if the toe condition is related, but it's not going to hurt to gather more data. If people have this toe condition and go get it checked out, how is that a bad thing? Regardless of if it's related to COVID or not, it's still not a normal thing and they should ask a doctor about it. If it turns out to be unrelated, there's no harm and the person potentially can get treatment for whatever else it is. If it IS related and an early sign, then it's also good to learn that so they can get appropriate treatment.

I'm sorry that they scared you like that and I'd truly love to punch the person responsible in the mouth for attaching a name like "Covid Toes" to something NO ONE KNOWS nothing anything about at this point in time. If they'd called it "Ouch Toes" it would'v made more sense and they could've renamed it Covid toes later if they learned that it is in fact caused by Covid-19 but they rushed to judgement and over reacted to get the ratings, as usual. Go figure. I hope that your son and family are well and remain that way.

Yes, this seems to be an issue and new condition.

‘COVID toes’: Puzzling condition is possible coronavirus symptom mostly seen in young people

My son called last weekend telling me something was going on with his toes. He sent me a picture and it was nothing I've ever seen before. Called me in a panic last night after he saw this in one of his newsfeeds. Sure looks like it to me.
Ray, make sure your son gets checked. He might need to quarantine even more restrictively.
When I (retired PT) and Kim (active RN working with COVID pts) saw the news feeds and photos of toes it reminded us of of patients with whom we've worked that had coxsackievirus. Coxsackievirus looks a lot like shingles but on toes and fingers. I caught it many years ago from one of our kids where it had been going around the day care. Of course our son got over it quickly. Me, not so much.

Viruses have a predilection for ending up along nerve pathways, central nervous sys and peripheral nervous sys.
That's why we're seeing covid creating neuroencephalitic symptoms. It's logical that it would also end up affecting toes and fingers.

I'd expect covid, like coxsackie, to create symptoms that could be called a peripheral neuropathy. Expect weird sensations including pain and numbness.

You should recommend to your son that he get checked out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back