What's new

creating personal website

goldie0406

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 18, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Colorado Springs
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie here so please bare with me! I'm really excited in learning more about photography and it's definitely a hobby that I will be keeping for a long long time.

Anyway, I am looking into building my own personal photography site to show off my pictures to all of my friends and family. I've signed up for a domain at Webhostingpage.com but I am still awaiting for my account information. I would like to know if there are any cool semi-pro template that I can download for free or if you could point me to the right direction of signing up for a different hosting company that will provide more support for photography sites.

Thanks in advance for all your help! ;)
 
I host my site with Hostgator.com. It's been very good service for a nice low price. I think they do have some basic templates and web site building tools. Many hosting services also have templates & simple site building tools.
 
Zenfolio and/or SmugMug are geared to photography and you can use your domain name.
 
If you are just looking for a place to host and share, you can always have a look at www.flickr.com

I have been using it for a year to host up my various pictures. And while my personal website is nearly done, it will only be showing my favorite / best work while I like to post much more on my flickr.

The free acccount allows you 200 photos while the pro account ($25 per year, $40 per year) will allow unlimited.

If its just for hosting / sharing, I've found flickr fine. Facebook can be also be good as well, as many of my friends aren't into photography and wouldn't necessarily check out flickr on their own. So some go on facebook, most good on flickr and the best go on my personal site.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom