Creative Self-Portraits

Modifeye

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had some fun with my sisters guitar the other day. I can't play it, but that doesn't mean I can't use it for something :wink:

$FineLine-Web.jpg

And here is a breakdown of the process work.

$FineLine-Comp-web.jpg

Open for any kind of constructive criticism, cheers!

Last edited:
Great idea an prcessing!
I i really must find something to critic, then i would mention, that the string, on which you are standing, bends a bit unnaturally. i think the whole string would bend down, not just the last few inches. but heh, very cool foto though!

Armin

I saw a featured article on Flickr about shots like this. Love em.

Very, very cool concept.

I really like it, nice job! :)

Great idea an prcessing!
I i really must find something to critic, then i would mention, that the string, on which you are standing, bends a bit unnaturally. i think the whole string would bend down, not just the last few inches. but heh, very cool foto though!

Armin

Yes the bending of the string was very tricky. I took a screw driver and applied very light pressure to the string to see what kind of bend it would give me if there was to be a small object - in this case a human, placed on it. The end result and that of my experiment were very similar. I feel like the shadows and dark areas around my foot kinda makes the string look more rounded or warped rather than bent, so its iffy. Thanks for the input!

Fantastic concept and work! Love it

Piece I'm working on. It is near complete, thought I'd post for critique.

$Cheerios.jpg

Cheers!

Wow, these are so awesome and inspiring! Makes me think of "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids." I can't wait to see more! =-]

On the second one, I find the object in the background pretty distracting, because it's so large and bright. The image would be much stronger without that, imo.
The fishing line looks a little odd to me as well. It seems to me like once it hits the milk, the line would go slack, rather than being bowed out like that.

Still, a great concept, very clever and well done.

Thanks for the comments! I'll see what I can do about that object in the background. And the line is like that because I just caught something, so I'm about to start reeling it in kinda thing - at least thats what I was going for. I can try a limp string too.

On the second one, I find the object in the background pretty distracting, because it's so large and bright. The image would be much stronger without that, imo.
The fishing line looks a little odd to me as well. It seems to me like once it hits the milk, the line would go slack, rather than being bowed out like that.

Still, a great concept, very clever and well done.

$Cheerios.jpg

Dimmed it down a bit, think its a bit better now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back