creepy BW

jong

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
trying to make a creepy picture C&C please, and hoping to get some tips , thanks
DSC00715.jpg

eat more fiber.

To me, this is only just ... underexposed.
Way too dark. Not even the lit up parts show clearly. I have to squint and wish for my eyes to get adjusted to the darkness, which they won't do, of course, since it is not really dark all around me.

Light from below, however, is one guarantee for a creepy look! So you chose well there!

What we're meant to see is the same as can be seen (more clearly because of its tiny size) in his avatar. I recognise as much. But to my mind, no matter how clever the idea, this photo cannot stand on its own. Not as dark as it is now.

hahahaha! thanks for the c&c guys, t i will remember to use a more transparent lens cap next time LOL.

To me, this is only just ... underexposed.
Way too dark. Not even the lit up parts show clearly. I have to squint and wish for my eyes to get adjusted to the darkness, which they won't do, of course, since it is not really dark all around me.

Light from below, however, is one guarantee for a creepy look! So you chose well there!

The exposure is perfect IMO... I can't see how someone would think that increasing the exposure in this photo would increase the "creepiness." Which is the goal of the photographer.

is this shot from the exorcist "just.... underexposed" as well?

Exorcist%20III_header.jpg

Odd... my monitor at work must be lacking in some respects... I couldn't make out ANY details at work, but now that I am at home, I am on my laptop, and I can make the shot out perfectly. I now have a MUCH higher opinion of it, and in going for a creepy shot I think you did a very nice job!

For some reason, I look at your avatar and I can understand what it is, but I look at the photo above and I can barely tell. First impression was chest-up shot of someone in the dark wearing mirrored sunglasses, lol...

Pretty decent job though when I look at the final work - your avatar. Could be exposed a slight bit more but overall, a good avatar - good work :)

thanks again, anyways, what i was aiming for, really is toset my facial feature ( if i got one ) almost transparent to get that ghost effect, and the hardess part is, working off the the live view tilted 90deg up plus a mirror LOL

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back