Criiii Criiii Cricket

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These pics arent completely fair, since the cricket just died. So i could pretty much pose it as i wanted. But still, i like em :)
The last one was a test. I also have a Raynox macro converter that i used to use on my fuji finepix and now installed that on my macro lens. That pic is hardly cropped, only a bit from the side and the bottom to get the bug in the middle of the pic. Only thing is, that the lens was about 5 cm from the bug. Dont think i can use that with the living bugs :mrgreen:
Krekel019.jpg

Krekel020.jpg

Krekel021.jpg

Krekel022.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Nice shots Doenoe!! Excellent as usual, although I'm not used to seeing your shots on a plain background. ;)

Nice and close on the last one, and I think I can make out your softbox on its forehead.

Still doesn't show he's dead, which is good. I once tested reversed lens macro on a one-day-dead fly, and it DID show clearly later. My eyes would never have been able to detect HOW MUCH DUST had collected on that fly (mostly on its eyes, yak!) in one day only. And the dust looked monstrously big in the macros then (not as clear and sharp as yours, of course, them having been only just reversed lens technique, but still, too clear and too sharp for my liking. Ugh!).

Nice plain white background! A real study of what a cricket looks like (dead or alive).

thanks guys :)
Yeah, its a bit unnatural but sometimes something different can look nice too :) You can see the softbox on its forehead, to many shinny parts on those crickets.
She still looks pretty much alive, since she was a very fresh dead one. She died when i wanted to feed her to my bearded dragon. Think she got an heart-attack or something. Still a dirty little bugger though, had crumbs all over her body.

He looks exhausted. Were you chasing him just prior or something? (EDIT: Oh, never mind... Just read your description. :p )

I like these. I would have tried putting him on colored paper drapes as well. I guess you can do it in post but it's a bit of a bother.

PS: you can use the Raynox on slow or still bugs tho. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back