Critic my photo?

Nolan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So tell me what you think! I would like to hear comments and suggestions!
You can see the rest on my site at http://opticalidea.com/?p=90

3583778868_51e8083028.jpg

So tell me what you think! I would like to hear comments and suggestions!

Wow, wonderful colour. I like the silhouette idea too. If I can add anything for improvement, I would just suggest perhaps show just a touch more of the sky and less of the silhouette. If you are using photo editing, take out the bright dot in the black portion too. Otherwise, good job!!

Thanks! If you liked the photo theres more like that at http://www.opticalidea.com.
So does any one have anything else to say? I am open to all opinions.

Love the color. Give me some tips on how you did it.

Thanks! If you liked the photo theres more like that at http://www.opticalidea.com.

Nolan, I really don't mean to be rude, but stop pimping your site. Leave it in your sig, and if people want to visit, they will. Even when I look at your Flickr, you have commented on every single one (of your own) images to look at your website.

I apologize, but I would rather want to help you, than put you on ignore, because your posts come off as spam.

David

Love the color. Give me some tips on how you did it.

For some reason I can not find the exif file. Its just weird like that. But from my recollection I used a low f-stop so like f.2.7 and an exposer of 1/200ths of a second. The the thing is about the photo is the lighting situation was bizarre. I have never scene a sun set so beautiful. So if you do decide to do something similar play around with the settings a bit, because surely the lighting circumstances with be different. So I hope that helps!

Nolan,
Thanks for the comments every one!

Thanks! If you liked the photo theres more like that at Optical Idea | My Life Captured.

Nolan, I really don't mean to be rude, but stop pimping your site. Leave it in your sig, and if people want to visit, they will. Even when I look at your Flickr, you have commented on every single one (of your own) images to look at your website.

I apologize, but I would rather want to help you, than put you on ignore, because your posts come off as spam.

David

I understand where you are coming from. I didnt realize that it was that annoying. I am simply trying to promote my site. But for now on i will ease off the promotion. Thanks for your input.

Although the colors of the clouds is pretty interesting, the picture itself isn't doing much for me...it just seems so random, like you didn't plan to take a picture of the sunset.

Nolan, you're EXIF info is available in Flickr.

Camera:Canon PowerShot S5 IS
Exposure: 0.008 sec (1/125)
Aperture: f/3.5
Focal Length: 12.9 mm
ISO Speed: 80

Although the colors of the clouds is pretty interesting, the picture itself isn't doing much for me...it just seems so random, like you didn't plan to take a picture of the sunset.

Too a degree, that is true. It was more of the spur of the moment type thing. I was on the computer and i looked out an adjacent window and i saw the sun set and i ran out side with my camera. Here are few more i took.

3582969609_c60e1caef5.jpg

3583776200_e07e897171.jpg

Nolan, you're EXIF info is available in Flickr.

Camera:Canon PowerShot S5 IS
Exposure: 0.008 sec (1/125)
Aperture: f/3.5
Focal Length: 12.9 mm
ISO Speed: 80

Oh thanks thats useful! Hopefully that solves the question how i did the photo for the other user.
And by the way I removed the links in flickr and ect, you had a good point. I was pushing my work far to much.

So does any one else have something to say?

Most reactions

Back