criticism required

Beladol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I belive i have a natural knck for photography, now I would like some stranger's opinons it could help, fix where i need to fix, what would u have done with the pic, and what not. Please advise if you have time. here is a direct link hopefully it works this time, so that i can get some feedback a few are before and after like the red cottage that was taken across a lake, distance is unknown.... used a tripod using a nikon d40 for that shot, also on a incline, which now i know how to do better, before i used 1 leg as support on the incline nopw i use 2 for the incline

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc81/Beladol/

Last edited:
In my opinion (and please don't take this as an insult, merely constructive criticism) is the shot is a little boring. To me it looks like anyone could go out and take a point and shoot and do the same thing. It needs some interest. I would work on basic composition, rule of thirds, leading lines, etc.

Personally the revised version doesn't do it for me. I'm assuming you have photoshop? I would say cropping it helps a lot, but maybe crop it so the house is off center. Imagine lines dividing the image into thirds, put the house on one of those lines to boost the composition of the image. Then maybe adjust the levels, sharpness, and saturation a bit.

Other than that, it's not too bad. It takes a lot of practice. I've been shooting for a few years and I literally learn something new everyday. It takes practice and the more you shoot, the better you get. Keep at it!

1 Is too soft in my opinion and the background takes away from the feel you are going for.

2. Under exposed but nice composition

3. Nice shot but the subject is dead center.... would definitely benefit from the rule of thirds in my opinion

4. Like the pic of the fire, can't read the writing

5. Seems out of focus and the writing across it is very distracting composition is good though it does seem to be a tad under exposed.

I believe the writing you are referring to is his watermark...

I believe the writing you are referring to is his watermark...

yes it is cause i liek them best, and thanks for everything no insults here jsut helping each other out. I really need tips on how to do such things as i am still a ameture, like rules of 3rd i dont quite udnerstand how to do in photoshop i know what it means slighlty now that i got a few books and they touch base of the subject, mind you I can see books being dedicated only to the rule of third (that is the grid right 9 boxs etc...) any tips or advice as to how i can learn such things would be great( via internet) If possible i would rather read then see a video. (no sound)
but thanks for everything guys keep it coming

Here is an article that I found and read that may help you out with the rule of thirds. It explains it nicely and has examples. Hope that helps. =)

~Nikki~

Rule of Thirds

Here is an article that I found and read that may help you out with the rule of thirds. It explains it nicely and has examples. Hope that helps. =)

~Nikki~

Rule of Thirds

Great find, here is a page that has many articles on composition. When you have time, read through it. The photos in it are a bit dated but the lesson still applies.

Photography Composition Articles Library

Experiment with different angles when shooting. Don't just walk up and shoot, but walk around look at high and low angles (if applicable) and find the best composition.

It's really the best way to get good photos. Just read all you can and learn the basics, then put them into practice...over and over again :)

Goodluck! Post up new pics when you get them shot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back