What's new

Criticize my most recent photoshoot

Honestly, no... so, if you decided to end it, my bad. I've been disregarding these flame war post in my subscribed threads out of hand. I don't want to put you on ignore... I think your photography is very good. I'm just tired of wading through middle school fights just to see it.
I completely understand. I'm sorry for taking part in this debacle. I have no desire to continue it. It should have ended pages ago.
 
I mean, just look at all the times you've been thanked by your fellow members in some 2k posts.

Oh my. This is twice that someone has brought up this "Thanked" as some barometer for board positioning. Anything to quantify your worth I suppose.

I suspect you're only pretending to be this dense.

Blast! Now I regret using dense. . .you're just going to run it into the ground aren't you. Do be a dear and make sure you're using it properly.

Let me try to explain this to you one more time.

Pins and needles!

We have an OP with a picture of a guy with baggy pants, huge ski jacket and lost somewhere in between a t-shirt he's trying to sell. There are too many distractions in his image to clearly convey, without words, what's being sold.

Solution: Isolate the product and put it in a savory light. Draw the viewer in and bring their attention to the product. You can accent this with a pretty face, as marketers often do. Open just about any print catalog and take a gander if you doubt this.

Oh damnit:

Take the model OUTSIDE, and place them within the context of the product's intended audience. Also the model is quite obviously NOT a model, so don't have him (or her if there are hers available) try to act like one. I find people who don't know how to model clothes do better when they aren't modeling, but rather acting goofy or bringing their own character to a photo-"scene" - do that here. Get some of his buddies, put them in the clothing and let them go loose.

And on to the clothing. From this photograph, I don't know what your company actually sells: the t-shirt, the cap, the jacket? The t-shirt is lost in the mountain of clothing. You obviously have access to slopes and what not, so take a brave soldier there, put him in nothing but jeans and the t-shirts and have him do some I dunno, kids on snowboard type moves - accentuate the t-shirt alone: "Snowboard. Arsenic Apparel. What else do you need?" - or something like that. You guys are college kids surely you can come up with something cheeky like that.

Well you tried I suppose.

It was meant to be neutral.

To 51% of the population.

Even when cornered on your complete lack of marketing/advertising experience you continue to pretend you know more about it than a guy who's done it for 15+ years.

How many films has Roger Ebert made again. . .I keep losing track.
 
Just for the record, I only buy products in supermarkets that has half naked women on the label. It just feels "right" to me.

Needless to say, I normally eat/drink Saint Pauli Girl.
 
Just for the record, I only buy products in supermarkets that has half naked women on the label. It just feels "right" to me.

Needless to say, I normally eat/drink Saint Pauli Girl.

That might get limiting when it comes time to buy diapers. . .:confused: Bam! I got it. Toss a baby-thong and a Papmers tee on that newborn. InTempus Advertising 101. My god. A revolution is starting. Can you feelz its?
 
I can feel it in my loins. Just like when I look at a National Geographic specials on nude aborigines.
 
On a final note, as ANDS! will continue this non-sense until the thread is locked, I'll further illustrate my point about ANDS!'s ego by making this my last post on the subject.

Who wants to bet ANDS! won't be able to resist urge of firing a parting shot? Will he be able to walk away? Or will his ego get the best of him?

At risk of perpetuating this ridiculous thread, I have to say that that is among the lamest closing arguments I've ever heard. It's all classic 5th grade arguing technique.

For one, you decide you want out of the conversation, so you decide to call it non-sense and and act as if you're above it and ANDS! is so full of non-sense, trying to act like you're above this foolishness, even though you're 50% of the problem. Like, 'This game is stupid, I didn't want ot play anyways.'

Then, you lay out this lose/lose ultimatum for ANDS! while at the same time proving that you are no different than he is. You try to call him out saying that he can't resist posting back in response. But what this really means is that you in fact want the last word that you're accusing him of egotistical to let go of. Either he doesn't take the bait, and you get the last word, satisfying your equally sized ego; or he replies, to which you get to say, "Oh ANDS!, couldn't let it go, huh? Looks like you and your big ego had to get the last word."

Then lastly, trying to rally everyone to your side of things, so that you can have majority rule, and then goading on the response you pretend to decry, but are in fact hoping for.

To be honest, I didn't read much of the flame war, but it was pretty obvious that you spent most of you time using the classic dirtbag lawyer technique of, make personal attacks on the witness and trying and make them look bad, then no one will care if what they say is in fact true or not. I think your photography is really good, but I have to say, threads like this make me lose a lot of respect for you.
 
At risk of perpetuating this ridiculous thread, I have to say that that is among the lamest closing arguments I've ever heard. It's all classic 5th grade arguing technique.
Talk about your typical "5th grader" type excuse for inserting yourself into a thread that everyone here would like to see drift to the bottom of the stack. "I don't really want to do this, but darn it, I can't resist".

I thought it would be appropriate to move this little gem up to the top.

To be honest, I didn't read much of the flame war,
That's obvious.

For one, you decide you want out of the conversation, so you decide to call it non-sense and and act as if you're above it and ANDS! is so full of non-sense, trying to act like you're above this foolishness, even though you're 50% of the problem. Like, 'This game is stupid, I didn't want ot play anyways.'
I will admit I was part of the problem. I apologized for my part in it. Yet in you stroll to try and fan the flames all the while you pretended like you're above it all.

Again, talk about your classic "5th grader" excuses for poor behavior.

Then, you lay out this lose/lose ultimatum for ANDS! while at the same time proving that you are no different than he is. You try to call him out saying that he can't resist posting back in response. But what this really means is that you in fact want the last word that you're accusing him of egotistical to let go of. Either he doesn't take the bait, and you get the last word, satisfying your equally sized ego; or he replies, to which you get to say, "Oh ANDS!, couldn't let it go, huh? Looks like you and your big ego had to get the last word."
One little problem with your assessment, I saw ANDS!'s posts right after he made them yet I didn't "gloat" or say anything about his posts. So, you're wrong. Oops.

As for the whole ego thing, in your haste to post without reading the thread (by your own admission) you over looked the fact it was ANDS! that called my ego into question initially. I simply responded in kind. I realize I shouldn't have, but hey... I'm only a human bean. <--- that's a joke

Then lastly, trying to rally everyone to your side of things, so that you can have majority rule, and then goading on the response you pretend to decry, but are in fact hoping for.
You obviously have no idea how these things work. I could couldn't care less what you, or anyone else thinks about my conversation with ANDS!. It was between me and ANDS! as far as I'm concerned. I wasn't trying to win anyone over. I've been posting here long enough to know something you don't - rarely do people insert themselves into these little battles and take up sides. It would be a fools errand to engage in such a debate for the purpose of trying to win people over to your side of the argument.

***Poof!***

Now, can we let this thread die already?
 
Last edited:
Gee-zah-hus-krist. What a load of bollucks. It&#8217;s precisely threads such as this that keeps my skinny little ass away from TPF. Have I read every single response in here? Hell no&#8230;. I don&#8217;t need or want to. It&#8217;s the same old dribble just coming out of a different stream of spit. Talk about oversized, pompous and arrogant egomania and having to get in the last word, much like a 5th grader. This happens all too often and I find it extremely boring, not adding any value to the forum in general and usually derails so bad that the OP probably never gets their questions answered because two or three people can&#8217;t be adults. And I ain&#8217;t talking about ANDS!. If some actually paid attention, he has nuggets of truth (and humor) that go beyond some people&#8217;s ability to comprehend.

If someone gets offended from what I just wrote&#8230;. Good, write me off and then grow a pair. This is not up for debate.


To the OP, I don&#8217;t say this lightly and I don&#8217;t say this often. For a commercial photo, the one you posted really does suck&#8230; big fat hairy ones. I have a bucket load myself. I don&#8217;t know how the rest of your portfolio looks so this isn&#8217;t a slam on your photography in general, but glean from the obvious crits that will help you on your re-shoot. You are going to re-shoot, right?
 
Gee-zah-hus-krist. What a load of bollucks. It’s precisely threads such as this that keeps my skinny little ass away from TPF.
...yet you swoop in for this little nugget of a post. Take a quick poop and leave, eh?

Brilliant. Glad you could join us.
 
I'll just go ahead and say that I apologize for posting what was an unnecessary extension of this thread. I also apologize that my comments were needlessly caustic and shouldn't have been focused on any single person. And in so doing, I was no different than any others involved. I mean that. We all suck. The internet is a horrible horrible place, filled with very bad people.
 
I'll just go ahead and say that I apologize for posting what was an unnecessary extension of this thread. I also apologize that my comments were needlessly caustic and shouldn't have been focused on any single person. And in so doing, I was no different than any others involved. I mean that. We all suck. The internet is a horrible horrible place, filled with very bad people.
Hehe. I think we need a support group. :)
 
Hug it out guys... Hug it out.
 
Hug it out guys... Hug it out.

That's what I'm saying. Let's all just share an experience in our lives when felt vulnerable, then each say something encouraging about the other person. Then we can all stand in a circle, holding testes of the person to your left, while all singing She's a Maniac from Flashdance, accompanied with group interpretive dance.

Or maybe we can just lock this thread and never speak of it again. :lol:
 
My point has been made crystal clear. Thanks.

BTW, I swagger instead of swooping. I also take a man sized dump rather than a quick poop. :lol:

Kumbaya.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom