hehe my bad for SLAMMING the ol' yanks, i was just doing what everyone else does. Sorry bout that - bit sheepish of me!
getting back to the image though, I cant help but ask why people who dont understand a culture would be so disrespectful towards it? YES snowboarding is different from skiing, and no just because they wear 'baggy trousers' this does not make them stupid ok?
I like how you throw this "culture" thing around. I do like how you defend a culture that was borrowed from another group of people.
and to then claim that you are giving advice from one business man to another (very noble) I would still ask why you would stick your ignorant face in the matter of clothing style instead of sticking to something you are actually aware of (or atleast claim to be aware of) which is photography yes? cool , great stuff.
I wasn't offering advice on clothing style. The ONE design offered is pretty cool. The photo is very unflattering. Isn't that the constructive criticism the OP was looking for? On that, I wasn't sticking my "ignorant face" on the matter of clothing style. I was sticking my experienced face on something that I AM aware of, and that would be marketing. You are making the assumption that because I am on a photo forum, that that is all I know, or that is my business. Guess again.
so, I hate to get all defensive but I must ask those who are not aware of the meaning and even traditions within a given culture, to bite thier tongue and simply offer helpful advice. afterall, no one likes it when some dude from an un-important country somewhere outside of gods favoured land points out the blindingly obvious 'bad' traits of its culture and people. This is fair enough too, for what would an outsider truely know? now i know nothing about the land of the free and so i bite my tongue, I argue that you should do the same, be respectful and try to help out.
I don't know why you are all defensive about this "culture" thing that YOU brought to the table in the first place, and then proceeded to put down others. Yeah, that's class, man. Try to remember to be above the very thing you abhor, or you come off as a hypocrite.
this dude has explained that he is starting out, so why would you openly mock and discourage the man who is trying to make something out of nothing, building from the ground up is how business works. while you are masturbating over your 9th canon lens he is actually trying to get something out there.
Can you go into detail about your knowledge of how business works? What actual experience do you have in starting a business?
what i am trying to say is, if its bad, be constructive. it helps alot, afterall one is more likely to take advice from a considerate and fair man over a bitter man.
I could offer a ton of constructive criticism from a business stand point but something tells me it would go unheard. Judging from your responses, you would be the first to turn a deaf ear.
And how come you are so quick to jump on a guy in this instance, yet when someone posts an awful photo of some kid you all go "ooohhh nice TRYYY!! maybe try this and that then re post and we are happy to hold your hand alllll day long! xxoxoxox"
Product photography is very different from artistic expression.
Plenty of advice was given in this thread. Don't know what more you want. I'd suggest the OP start browsing the web, and really look at fashion/apparel product photography, and compare his own images to what he sees proffessionally done, and then try to emulate what he sees.
A lot of learning can be done on ones own just by looking at the very thing one is trying to achieve.
I mean c'mon, it has become obvious that a large portion of why you dislike the image is because of its content. This has happened on several occasions, you have let yourself become blinded by prejudice and as a result have come across as a bunch of... well frankly...Americans.
Prejudice? Really? That's the card you are going to play in defense of a terrible fashion photograph? Name calling too?
no no no that's unfair, Im sorry, more like a bunch of Nazis.
This is epic fail, and you know it.
You ran out of ammunition and are reduced to scraping the bottom of the barrel to pull out Nazis? ROFLMFAO.
oh and one more thing, if read properly you will notice that the first post explains that the photographer is not the t-shirt designer. good on ya from 'slamming' him for that.
Who was knocking the T-shirt design? What was slammed was the website (which the OP volunteered the link) which states the entrepreneur has ideas "coming out the dome", yet only has one item for sale. From a business standpoint, you don't launch a site promoting ideas that have yet to come to fruition. You launch the site when you actually have a line of products to sell.
god speed and all that ****.
What do you know about God?