Critique on my Glamour Post Production

burnws6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Going for.... the "yes, this has work done to it, but it doesn't look fake" look.

Did I do it right?

DSC_0549copyk.jpg

I think its beautiful! Her eyes look so crisp and sharp. It doesn't look like an overly processed photo, it looks natural to me.

:thumbup: you left some texture to the skin, so it doesn't look plasticky... yet, her skin still looks wonderful! I like it!

best skin cleaning technique I've ever used....and I've used a lot! Thanks!

I think its beautiful! Her eyes look so crisp and sharp. It doesn't look like an overly processed photo, it looks natural to me.

This is good to hear! Thanks!

I like it, I think you did a fantastic job on her eyes.. I think the highlight on her nose is a bit distracting. And her eyes are so sharp I feel the nose and lips are a little soft in comparison..

It is very well done, particularly considering it is an extreme close-up and even minor mistakes would show up very clearly. Aside from one area, you hit a nice balance between touching up but not overdoing it.

The "highlight" on the nose is washed out and therefore distracting. That is where some further careful postprocessing is necessary to get the skin colour back into that area.

skieur

Maybe no contact lenses next time... I am drawn to that, for some odd reason.

It's hard to judge too much on the post processing without seeing the pre-processing. It's difficult to tell what's been softened and what's just out of focus (shallow DOF). That said, the skin does look soft while retaining texture, and doesn't look over-processed to me. In addition to the nose, something that bothers me is that her irises look a little soft, but parts of her skin look super sharp (parts of her temple and cheekbones.) I don't know if these sharp parts are skipped spots in PP, or the parts that are in focus, or both. All in all, I like the treatment. Good job.

Her eyes are actually not in focus... You missed it by couple millimeters... :(

u shot it unexpectedly beautiful....giving attn to her eyes...though, her face /features are fine.

fine shot. a dodge (midtones @ 50% exposure) on her eyes in photoshop could draw more attention to her eyes.
nice work.

I like it, I think you did a fantastic job on her eyes.. I think the highlight on her nose is a bit distracting. And her eyes are so sharp I feel the nose and lips are a little soft in comparison..

Yes, I can see how the highlight is distracting. I'll try to darken that up the 2nd round. I'm not sure why they're so soft. I was shooting at 5.6, although considerably open I wouldn't think it would throw it out of focus.

It is very well done, particularly considering it is an extreme close-up and even minor mistakes would show up very clearly. Aside from one area, you hit a nice balance between touching up but not overdoing it.

The "highlight" on the nose is washed out and therefore distracting. That is where some further careful postprocessing is necessary to get the skin colour back into that area.

skieur

Got you down for the highlight as well....lol....check. Thanks.

Maybe no contact lenses next time... I am drawn to that, for some odd reason.

I spent 3 hours or so editing it, and for some reason I was to lazy to edit the contacts out. I guess that will be added to the second round as well.

It's hard to judge too much on the post processing without seeing the pre-processing. It's difficult to tell what's been softened and what's just out of focus (shallow DOF). That said, the skin does look soft while retaining texture, and doesn't look over-processed to me. In addition to the nose, something that bothers me is that her irises look a little soft, but parts of her skin look super sharp (parts of her temple and cheekbones.) I don't know if these sharp parts are skipped spots in PP, or the parts that are in focus, or both. All in all, I like the treatment. Good job.

Good eye, you and niforpix are right on. There was no pp work done strong enough to do that. It was simply the focus. As niforpix said, I missed it by a couple millimeters. :(

Her eyes are actually not in focus... You missed it by couple millimeters... :(

ditto. Hoping no one would notice lol

u shot it unexpectedly beautiful....giving attn to her eyes...though, her face /features are fine.

Thank you.

fine shot. a dodge (midtones @ 50% exposure) on her eyes in photoshop could draw more attention to her eyes.
nice work.

I had gone a little lighter on the eyes, but it started to look fake. I've been challenging myself to take it as far as I can while conserving an authentic look. It takes a while to get it, and to find that right balance.

Thanks for all the feedback guys....I'll have another one in the future.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back