Girlfriend Portrait (2) C&C

burnws6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was an impromptu shot about an two hours ago. My gf came over and I took some pictures. I feel like the first pose seems uncomfortable but I love the expression and lighting on her face. Second one feels like the hair is distracting? What's your guys' input?

Last edited:
It's refreshing to see portraits that aren't over PP'd for a change. A real live girl. I wasn't sure if the world was making them anymore.

I prefer 1 over 2 by a long shot. I don't know, maybe the tight comp fits better. And the hair doesn't bother me a bit.

i like both. nice lighting, composition (a bit too tight for my flavor) but very nice.
keep it up!

I really like 1, but I would have to agree with Igs, that the crop is a little too tight.

lighting is decent in both, particularly in first...making good curves of her features...i wanted less cropping from above.

second is a usual shot with good lighting, as expected.

she looks like she needs to relax a little more. Good luck with the others to come.
Smile.gif

#1 is beautiful. I love the eyes and look. :thumbup:

thank you. by the way...I'm wearing a shirt that has your username on it lol

It's refreshing to see portraits that aren't over PP'd for a change. A real live girl. I wasn't sure if the world was making them anymore.

I prefer 1 over 2 by a long shot. I don't know, maybe the tight comp fits better. And the hair doesn't bother me a bit.

I'm on a mission! And it's to not over PP! I'm tired of 50 gaussian blur jobs. And actually, there's too much blur on the second one on the cheek. I just noticed I uploaded the wrong one.

i like both. nice lighting, composition (a bit too tight for my flavor) but very nice.
keep it up!

Thanks! Going in tight is a habit of mine. Plus the background was distracting lol.

I like them both, they look nice.

Thanks boomer.

I really like 1, but I would have to agree with Igs, that the crop is a little too tight.

Thanks Ramon

lighting is decent in both, particularly in first...making good curves of her features...i wanted less cropping from above.

second is a usual shot with good lighting, as expected.

Thank you gopal. I'll work on unsticking the lens from the 115mm point

she looks like she needs to relax a little more. Good luck with the others to come.
Smile.gif

She was relaxed.....later that night! Sorry...I had too.

and Thanks Jenny!

Nicely done.

I think #2 is the best compositionally and technically. #1, the composition is off. It's too centre weighted. It you wanted to have her face in the centre, you should have balanced her arm to emphasize the symmetry.

Again, nicely done.

Cheers!

Well done.

For future reference, resize your images to a more viewable size when displaying them on-line. Something around 800 pixels wide.

nice shots!

the only nitpick i have (and easily corrected in post) is that your focus nailed the eyes so damn sharply in #1 that you can see the catchlight on the edge of her contact lens. the silverlining of that crit, of course, is that the focus is tack sharp! lol

you can actually see both contacts in that pic, but i think i would just address the catchlight. :thumbup:

Poses are rather awkward and brain amputation is not the ideal method for framing head shots.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back