Critique Please - Lift Bridge

Olympus8MP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thecodesource.solarbotics.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this in my hometown of Ashtabula, OH. This is my first post to this forum. Critiques welcome here. I can always go back and reproduce this shot. :D

Lift_Bridge.jpg

EDIT: This was taken when the flag was at half mast for President Ford.

The picture is nice, but what looks to be the bridge structure on the left side of the image, is hard to make out. It makes the overall image hard on the eyes to discern for me. Do you have a wider angle lens or maybe a different vantage point available to recompose the shot?

other than the glare in the lower right corner on the road, I think it is a great shot.
To bad you couldn't get a little more speed and freeze the flag.
It may be me but it looks a little tilted also

I have a 14-45mm and a 40-150 mm. I think I was using the 40-150 so I could crop out some of the surrounding buildings. I have a feeling this will be a picture I will obsess over for a while :D

The tilt comes from the bridge actually being pointed towards the POV a little bit. I see that now too. I checked all the levels on my tripod, but then again it was dark. I could have missed something lol.

I think you could get an ever better show if you were on the bridge itself. I like this picture though.

I like it as is but would somehow try and PS out the blurry flag. It's the only distraction that I see. Plus your horizon has a slight tilt..
Cosmo

Its easy enough to just go back and recompose the picture. I really do like the idea of taking the picture on the bridge. I will have to try that next time I'm there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back