critique some templates?

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a few templates/birth announcements. I'm looking for critique on how the pictures themselves work with or against the templates. Also, please critique the pictures themselves if you would.. I did something different to them that I don't normally do in PS and I"m not sure if it works to eye's besides my own. Thanks!!!
4x8birthannouncementgirl1.jpg

4x8birthannouncementboybw.jpg

3. (with gradient)
4x8birthannouncementboybwgradient.jpg

5x5_happiness_grunge_frame.jpg

12x12a-400.jpg

I like all of the templates themselves except 4. But it looks kind of "scrapbooky" if that makes sense so I'm sure it would be popular. I think the photos work well within the templates, for the most part. In number 1 the brown floor kind of distracts/clashes with the color palette of the template. Not in a huge way, that's just me trying to be critical of something. :)

The pictures look good. The baby in number 2/3 is adorable. How'd you get him to look straight at the camera? Awesome shot. I'm not sure what you did differently to them, but I like them.

Those first 3 templates look great. The pink of the first is a little too much for my liking, given the photo is relatively dark, but then I never was much of a fan for pink.

I love the baby in a towel shot by the way!

The other 2 images don't really do much for me to be honest. Maybe the last image would work better in an actual frame...

Thank you very much for your honesty! I don't think I like that hue of pink either. Maybe I should try a paler/pastel kind of pink..

Babies are super easy to get eye contact. If they are on the floor or on a beanbag, and you get down to their level, they are very interested in the camera and the sound it makes when the shutter clicks. So I really didn't have to do much work at all in terms of eye contact. Sometimes, though, I will shake a noisemaker right at my forehead area which grabs their attention quickly.

and, TBH, I don't like 4 either!!! I'm not into scrapbooking, but like you said, its wicked popular. I'm still debating on keeping it or not..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back