Critique Welcome (four small images to load)

foned

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I guess I'm not necessarily new here, I registered awhile back and forgot about it. So naturally since I restumbled upon this site, I shall post a few of my newer photos and ask for comments or critique.

2328299016_8be38a44d3.jpg

2328298956_e8266c1c85.jpg

2328298894_c0d19dae36.jpg

2327482081_6b5f9aa62b.jpg

3rd is the best since its well lit, and has the best background.
The last could be better, because you couldve used framing for composition (framing her face with the bars, you almost had it but not quite), and you exposed it for the background instead of her face.

I agree with what both posters said.

My favorite is #1, except I recommend a larger aperture for less DOF to blur some of the background. Looks like you have an external flash I'm guessing?

I think these should go in the People photo gallery.

Also, it helps for viewing if you hit Enter after each image so there is a break between each one.

Thank you all for the critiques, and comments. they are appreciated. I agree with them all, the last one couldve have much better composition, it was sort of a weird atmosphere, with extended relatives sort of directing me and not giving me as much creative space as i was looking for. not to mention the exposure.

And yes, I do have an external flash, something i hope to remedy when my funds match my ideas.

I'm still learning, I just got my Rebel Xt around christmas time and have been playing around with it since. It was sort of a bad day, the sun was out and very bright, some other pictures i have that i learned from show what im talking about, it wouldve been much better had we been in the shade.

And yes, I do have an external flash, something i hope to remedy when my funds match my ideas.

hmmm...I wonder if we're talking about the same thing? An external flash is a flash that you attach to the camera, meaning it is not built-in.

When I made the comment, it was actually a good thing. The lighting on the first shot is really good. It does not look like the typical, boring, flat lighting that a built-in flash normally gives, and I've never been able to get a shot looking that good with my built-in flash.

That's why I thought maybe you used an external flash.

Sorry i have a built in flash, i was confused for a second trying to reply to all the comments, my mind got stuck on the bad lighting on the fourth one.. ;]

very nice! :) Yeah just need some fill flash on the last one.

Nice shots! I agree with the other comments. Also I think the white balance is a bit off on the 2nd one. But very nice shots!

I just use PS to edit the images, auto levels, color, etc.. I'm not all that great with editing the lighting and colors in PS yet, still need to learn how to make it look right.

I just use PS to edit the images, auto levels, color, etc.. I'm not all that great with editing the lighting and colors in PS yet, still need to learn how to make it look right.

To me they are nice good looking shots. I agree with others 3 and 4 are the best, it suits the children environment. The indoor shots are yellowish from the light bulb.

Anywhere it is nice to have a baby, good toys for the adult they are :D, I like them.

haha, well it is not my kid, i'm only 22 and putting off getting a toy with such responsibility until i am a bit older ;]

I like 1 and 3 the best...maybe crop a little off the top of 1?

I'm not sure what camera you have, but try using center-weighted metering. It will consider the entire frame for exposure but gives more emphasis on the area you select. That way, you know the subject will be properly exposed. Sometimes, this'll blow-out the backgound, but it's an easy fix in PS and you know that your subject will be better exposed and sharper!

Most reactions

Back