Critique would be appreciated

MrMbss1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
To be honest, it's very difficult to give critique and almost impossible to do comparisons when the images are in different orders. How about posting 1-2 images in a new thread in either the General Gallery, or the Nature Gallery and try that? I suspect your responses will be much better.

To be honest, it's very difficult to give critique and almost impossible to do comparisons when the images are in different orders. How about posting 1-2 images in a new thread in either the General Gallery, or the Nature Gallery and try that? I suspect your responses will be much better.
Thank you, I just noticed that myself. I did fix the order right way though. I'll also try to post a couple of sample pictures in the Nature Gallery

Your edits look better than the originals, for sure. As is common, the SOOC images have a gentle tone curve and minimally saturated color, which is a GOOD THING if later editing and enhancement is going to be done to the images. Your edits seem to me a tad warm in terms of tone/white balance point, but perhaps that's the artistic direction you want to go in. My main C&C would be on the backgrounds...most of the compositions have too much background shown, and do not emphasize the foreground flora quite as much as would be optimum.

As to the Beginner's Forum sticky which says, "Just a friendly reminder that the Beginners Forum is not supposed to have photo threads. If you wish to post photos for critique, feedback and to show off then please head down to the Galleries. We've a range of subjects, including a General section that accepts anything and also the Just for Fun gallery (which is for anything that you don't want critique on). All the galleries (barring the Just for Fun) are open to critique and are populated by the majority of our members. If you want skilled feedback no matter your level of skill then to the galleries you should head ."

....I would not consider this "a photo thread"...no photos were posted in the thread, just a link to his Flickr pages. And imagine, The Photo Forum, a place where beginners are not supposed to post any photos in the Beginner's Forum. I mean, WTF? That's just asking for hassles that are not needed. I mean, God forbid, beginners coming in here and posting those pesky photos...the nerve! But wait...the OP did not actually POST any images...the member just joined today, and is already getting an extremely snarky response. Not the kind of response that will build any good will toward this place. It might make some sense to reconsider this NO PHOTOS policy in the Beginner's Forum, for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Your edits look better than the originals, for sure. As is common, the SOOC images have a gentle tone curve and minimally saturated color, which is a GOOD THING if later editing and enhancement is going to be done to the images. Your edits seem to me a tad warm in terms of tone/white balance point, but perhaps that's the artistic direction you want to go in. My main C&C would be on the backgrounds...most of the compositions have too much background shown, and do not emphasize the foreground flora quite as much as would be optimum.

As to the Beginner's Forum sticky which says, "Just a friendly reminder that the Beginners Forum is not supposed to have photo threads. If you wish to post photos for critique, feedback and to show off then please head down to the Galleries. We've a range of subjects, including a General section that accepts anything and also the Just for Fun gallery (which is for anything that you don't want critique on). All the galleries (barring the Just for Fun) are open to critique and are populated by the majority of our members. If you want skilled feedback no matter your level of skill then to the galleries you should head ."

....I would not consider this "a photo thread"...no photos were posted in the thread, just a link to his Flickr pages. And imagine, The Photo Forum, a place where beginners are not supposed to post any photos in the Beginner's Forum. I mean, WTF? That's just asking for hassles that are not needed. I mean, God forbid, beginners coming in here and posting those pesky photos...the nerve! But wait...the OP did not actually POST any images...the member just joined today, and is already getting an extremely snarky response. Not the kind of response that will build any good will toward this place. It might make some sense to reconsider this NO PHOTOS policy in the Beginner's Forum, for obvious reasons.
It's fine, really. I don't join a forum with the expectation for it to be the bees knees, I asked for critique, and I got that. As a new member, I do also appreciate him telling me how things work around here, as I am new to the forum. So far I do like it though.
Thanks for the criticism!

Try paying more attention to the background and make it more clean. Processing/editing is the least important when it comes to improving your photography skills.

Most reactions

Back