Crocodiles, up close and personal

photorookie12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photorookie.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Australia offers plenty of crocodile shot opportunities, on my blog you'll see a couple more and some tips on how to avoid being eaten during the process. If you have some croc-pics I'd love to see them, post below :)

The blog page, with more crocodiles.

crocodile4_small.jpg

Crocodile4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Light Artisan, as a note the one above was shot with a zoom lens at about 280mm, remember crocodiles are generally big, hehe. I find that birds are actually more "difficult" from a lens-requirement perspective.

Nice. Crocs make excellent subjects don't they? Here is one taken from inside a friend of mines enclosure.

IMG_0289.jpg

Nice and sharp! poor chicken :(

That's a great picture. I find crocodiles fascinating animals, used to love watching Crocodile Hunter.
I would love to Photograph one (from a safe distance) but don't tend to see any in Bristol (In the UK)

Nice! Maybe get a polarizer filter to reduce the glare. Those are some harsh highlights or is that just his skin? lol

Gotta love crocodile teeth. They always seem to be smiling..yet so menacing.

Yea crocs always seem to pose for you haha. They always freeze for a several seconds at a time.

I dare you to use a super wide angle lens!

Great shots, I like the with the yawning croc:) At least it looks like it's yawning :p

Thanks for the feedback. To SabrinaO, the picture is actually taken with a polarizer, that's why the water is so clear green without reflections. The spot under it's eyes is over-reflected as you say because I couldn't get it right both on the water and the skin. You'll notice that the skin is try around the eyes, and that's why it's more relective....it's more grayish..

Snakeguy101, nice shot, I really hope you didn't get your hand in there, hehe.

Compaq: Crocodiles "yawn" under two circumstances. 1: just before eating something, i.e. they're on the attack, or 2: when they're trying to head their bodies, apparently they head quicker when the sun hits the soft tissue in the mouth as opposed to the skin, they're cold-blooded which means they depend on the heat of their surroundings to keep warm.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back