Cropped Sensor VS Full Frame

tmjjk

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please give me any advice or opinions on this decision... I want to know WHY its worth the extra cost... and if its worth it. I am using the bare minimum entry level Canon Rebel xs... but I love it! Trying to set some goals for purchases. I also would like your opinions on first lens investment. I mostly shoot portraits and family. So a sharp fast lens for the eyes. Thank you for any help. This is a very important decision as I have six children and am just starting out. I cannot afford to make an expensive mistake.

this topic has been covered a number of times, even recently. Buy some good glass until you are sure a new body is what you need. ;)

Crop frame camera w/ 35mm prime on it:

irdbjtzE2uy8P.jpg

Full frame camera with a 35mm prime on it:

iIqGf0AdqI1ZG.jpg

Both taken at the same camera to subject distance. Sorry about my ugly mug.

Good example, Tyler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my two cents on this topic...I have had the EOS Rebels (film and digital) and have taken some very nice images with it, in fact one of my best digital captures was with an XTI. I have taken some nice shots with my 7D and I love this camera's features. And now I finally have the 5DMkIII.

I am sooo glad that I have come though the digital age, over time, as I have. There is something special about a FF.

thanks all! and GeorgieGirl.... if you ever want to donate that 7D to a good cause... ;)

Here's my two cents on this topic...I have had the EOS Rebels (film and digital) and have taken some very nice images with it, in fact one of my best digital captures was with an XTI. I have taken some nice shots with my 7D and I love this camera's features. And now I finally have the 5DMkIII.

I am sooo glad that I have come though the digital age, over time, as I have. There is something special about a FF.

I agree.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back