Ism,
I like the idea of what you are trying to evoke in the shot, but unfortunately, I have to agree with Matthew, it's too underexposed in the foreground to get the feel that you are going after.
I would suggest editing it, and play around with (curves?) the brightness/lightness and the contrast. If you would like, when I get home this evening or tomorrow, I would be happy to have a stab at it, but since it's your picture, I won't touch it unless it's ok with you. Also, there is a forum (somewhere on TPF) for just that...post your pic and those who are good at PhotoShop will play with the levels and colors and see if they can enhance it, and try to bring out your original intent.
Like I said, the idea that you were going for was good, and I would recommend either playing with this pic in PS or going out again, and metering for the people. Just my noob opinion.