Crow

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some shots of one of the crows that hangs around, they were making a heck of a racket after I put today's seeds out so I went to see what they were up to, they were up to exactly that, making a racket lol

I continue on my quest for great shots of black critters, I wish the shot of him taking off was a smidge sharper.
Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

Great composition. But the images look a bit flat though. Not sure if it is out of focus a little bit or the lense you were using.

Thanks ktan, lens should be ok, it was pretty diffuse light and I raised the shadows to get more details so that may be it, I'll tinker a bit and see what I come up with.

Judy,

Crows are dark, starkly so. They are also typically pretty glossy. Your post processing has minimized some of that... and made these look washed out, not the best look for any of the Corvidae family. I did some edits for examples... just so you could see the difference! (Hope you don't mind)

Original left, edit right (upped contrast a bit (tried not to lose any feather detail),increased brightness a little less than I did contrast, upped sat a bit, and did a little sharpening on the eyes and beak.)

$crow2.jpg
$crow1.jpg

Nice edits Charlie! Damn did I ever miss the mark, I'm going to redo these when I edit again later :er:

Nice edits Charlie! Damn did I ever miss the mark, I'm going to redo these when I edit again later :er:

I wouldn't say you missed it, just different... everybody has a different vision. I like contrasty, colorful realism (even hyper-realism, if that makes sense) which is probably one reason I like Macro so much...

Oh no I totally missed it Charlie lol Your edit is where I would have loved to have gone with my own editing but I just plain missed what was in the image. Admittedly I can tend to put a twist on a lot of my stuff but this is not one of those times ;) lol
I also love the contrasty colourful realism, like you could reach out and touch the critter, your edits on the jpegs makes me think I'm missing a lot still in the raws, editing continues to be my Achilles heel.

Oh no I totally missed it Charlie lol Your edit is where I would have loved to have gone with my own editing but I just plain missed what was in the image. Admittedly I can tend to put a twist on a lot of my stuff but this is not one of those times ;) lol
I also love the contrasty colourful realism, like you could reach out and touch the critter, your edits on the jpegs makes me think I'm missing a lot still in the raws, editing continues to be my Achilles heel.

If I can help, just ask! There are a lot of people here that are better editors than I am... I know just the basics in PS, and don't even use LR anymore (what little I shoot, I don't need it).

Nice shots and absolutely agree with charlie that you didn't miss it, it just needed a little TLC. IMO editing is a PITA we need a 1 click fixer upper that does everything perfect.:mrgreen:

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back