Cute Baby Gosling Series

Reaction score
Website
www.naturephotographymastery.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In many cases I prefer to wear full camouflage outfits for photographing wildlife. One of the primary reasons is that it reduces the stress that is put upon the animal, which I believe is critical for ethical wildlife photography. This has the added benefit of resulting in more natural behavior.

Camo also lets you get very close to the creature, allowing an intimate view into their world and a more connected experience. I also prefer to lay prone on the ground for small animals as it creates a much more artistic and pleasing image, in my opinion.

These photos required considerable physical and mental effort to obtain, but it was well worth the experience and the resulting images. I used a Skimmer Pod with a gimbal head, for this very low angle of view, and the ability to slide the rig on the ground as I crawled in position.

DISCLOSURE: I am an artist, not a documentary photographer. When editing my images, I sometimes manipulate the photo content, such as removing distractions.

Both images shot with Canon 500mm + 1.4x on 7D mk II.

Thanks for viewing

Curious Little Gosling in the Big Wide World by Matthew Schwartz, on Flickr

Adorable Gosling Exploring The World by Matthew Schwartz, on Flickr

Excellent set.

Great set, love the colours and that the focal plane really stands out :)

I am liking #1 best, but both are nice. I appreciate your honesty in the manipulation too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back