Cute little guy... Such a mess... C&C much loved and appreciated <3

rachelrach11

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$RRS_8498_edited-fb.jpg$RRS_8717_edited-1fb.jpg

The photo is fine.

However your logo is bigger then the child's head. A logo should not be so big that it almost becomes the main subject of your image.

In the modern aesthetic in which you are working, I think these are outstanding. I'm not 'personally' a fan of your style or aesthetic, but in terms of the modern, internet-era baby photographer genre, I think you hit on all the style points. I'm too old to want to shoot like this, but a lot of younger female shooters, and millions of moms, with checkbooks and Amuuurican $20 bills in stacks, like this style, and I think you're firing on all cylinders. As a "2013 Baby's 1-Year Cake Portrait", this kicks ass. it is VERY much of an era. THIS era.

Oughta be reported to the SPCC*!!!! :grumpy:

*Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Confectionary!

I agree with Derrel that these shots are very run of the mill and a dime a dozen, but you nailed them as far as the technical aspects go. He is a doll face! I think to really take this idea and make your brand memorable, you have to create some ideas that are a bit out of the box.

Light Guru said:
The photo is fine.

However your logo is bigger then the child's head. A logo should not be so big that it almost becomes the main subject of your image.

Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Derrel said:
In the modern aesthetic in which you are working, I think these are outstanding. I'm not 'personally' a fan of your style or aesthetic, but in terms of the modern, internet-era baby photographer genre, I think you hit on all the style points. I'm too old to want to shoot like this, but a lot of younger female shooters, and millions of moms, with checkbooks and Amuuurican $20 bills in stacks, like this style, and I think you're firing on all cylinders. As a "2013 Baby's 1-Year Cake Portrait", this kicks ass. it is VERY much of an era. THIS era.

Thanks so much ! I've done a few of these setups and it gets more and more boring everytime I do it. The moms say "Oh! I want to do his/hers just like this one but with "so and so" colors.....But I totally agree........ I would like to steer away from the generic seemless backdrop with pennant banners to something more creative but this seems to be the most requested. Whatdoyado;)

tirediron said:
Oughta be reported to the SPCC*!!!! :grumpy:

*Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Confectionary!

I was definitely not complaining when I had a bit on my hands and fingers:)

kathythorson said:
I agree with Derrel that these shots are very run of the mill and a dime a dozen, but you nailed them as far as the technical aspects go. He is a doll face! I think to really take this idea and make your brand memorable, you have to create some ideas that are a bit out of the box.

Thanks so much !! This type setup is ALWAYS requested and becoming sooooo blah to do.... If its a boy, they want jeans, a bow tie , seemless and cake.....its a girl, they want a pink tutu, seemless and a cake......... :/

This sweet little little girl made it "a little" bit more exciting when she refused to eat the cake without a spoon... I tried changing up the background banner by making tissue flowers but it wasnt really enough to differentiate the setting much
$RRS_70428_edited-1fb9.jpg

cute! I like those pink poms.

Cute! Agree with Derrel, nailed 'this particular style' shot. :) Love the pom poms too.

The logos are really distracting. The images look good, but the logo really really distracts.

manicmike said:
The logos are really distracting. The images look good, but the logo really really distracts.

Thanks so much for the impute:) I always have a battle with myself on where and how large/small the logo should be placed. I'm definitely not consistent with its placing ....

sarah_19_nz said:
Cute! Agree with Derrel, nailed 'this particular style' shot. :) Love the pom poms too.

Thanks so much:):)

Most reactions

Back