Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is an image I captured yesterday at a Wounded Warriors fund-raising run. The young lady is the daughter of Jacquie, the lady in the background, who is the director of the Wounded Warrior Run BC - those of you who have been around for a year or two doubtless remember those posts every February. Anyway, I initially thought this was a really great image of Hayley (the daughter), and I was going to have it printed up as a little gift, but now I"m starting to wonder if her expression isn't more goofy than cute.

I need the opinion of you kid owners out there as to which side fence this really falls on...

Hayley_JZ.jpg

I'm going with cute -- Mom will like it.

Joe

I think it’s adorable with the mom in the background and the matching outfits... If she’s under 13 it’s cute and she won’t care. If she’s 13 or older, she’ll probably hate it because that’s when they get self conscious about everything. Mom will love it either way which is all that matters. I have several photos of my daughter at that age that I think she looks great and she finds embarrassing. Some times when she has friends over I later find them in the draw of the China cabinet lol.

You always want that one photo for blackmail purposes;)
:lol: True, 'though I was hoping this wasn't that one.

I'm going with cute -- Mom will like it.

Joe
Thanks Joe!

I think it's both goofy and cute, in equal measures. I am about 95% positive that the mom will like this picture.
Thanks Derrel - I know Mom will like it, but I'm hoping because it's a a great photo of her daughter, not simply because it's a photo of her daughter...

I think it’s adorable with the mom in the background and the matching outfits... If she’s under 13 it’s cute and she won’t care. If she’s 13 or older, she’ll probably hate it because that’s when they get self conscious about everything. Mom will love it either way which is all that matters. I have several photos of my daughter at that age that I think she looks great and she finds embarrassing. Some times when she has friends over I later find them in the draw of the China cabinet lol.
Thanks Sharon - I think she's 10 or 11, so we should be good, again though, I was hoping it's not appealing solely because it's her daughter.

Print it. Mom will love it.

Cute for sure, Parents love goofy shots of their kids...or is that just me?!

Sent my earlier response as you were sending yours. Didn't say it because it was just a photo of her daughter. Goofy or not, it's a great photo.

It made me smile. And what serendipity to get them both in the frame, in the same T shirts, running along with mom behind her daughter... it just seems like one of those things meant to be, capturing that one moment. Obviously I'd give her a print.

(edit - I think the expression is just because she's turning and looking to one side, but she's smiling and looks like she's having fun.)

She is cute, so I`d print it as imo I think they will both love it.

See, the thing about kids is that they're kids, and sometimes goofy is what you get sometimes. Precious photo is what this is. :heartpump:

This is an image I captured yesterday at a Wounded Warriors fund-raising run. The young lady is the daughter of Jacquie, the lady in the background, who is the director of the Wounded Warrior Run BC - those of you who have been around for a year or two doubtless remember those posts every February. Anyway, I initially thought this was a really great image of Hayley (the daughter), and I was going to have it printed up as a little gift, but now I"m starting to wonder if her expression isn't more goofy than cute.

I need the opinion of you kid owners out there as to which side fence this really falls on...

Hayley_JZ.jpg
I go with cute. Mom will love it!

Cute or goofy? Yes! I agree with Derrel on this. And artistically, it's distinctive.

I think it is a great candid photo, not goofy at all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back