D200 Battery grip

judson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I bought my D200, I also bought the battery grip. It worked well for about a year, then I started to have problems with it. The short story is there was some kind of contact problem between the D200 and the grip. I'm thinking about getting another one, but don't want to spend the money if the problem is the body, not the grip. Any thoughts on how I can determine whether the source of the problem is the body or the grip?

Thanks!

If you don't know someone with one, go to your local photo shop and ask to try one out to see if you like it. If it works, but it.

I'd try to take it off, shoot the camera for a bit and see if it's in fact the grip. Maybe clean the contacts or new batteries. I have had mind for a couple of years and I've never had an issue. But there are always bad ones every now and then.

I have shot with a D200 for over a year now and never had a problem with the battery grip.

I have just upgraded to the D300 and found out that the battery grip has changed and i had to purchase the new one..

But to date.. never once had a problem..

I pulled the battery grip off sometime back and have had no problems since then. Perhaps the real solution is to upgrade to the d300. But, the spouse would probably kill me if I did that....

Buy a new grip and return the old one in the new box for a refund. Saying it was defective. Your not really lying it was defective just after your warranty was up.

I wouldn't do that... there are serial numbers associated with the grips. Big mistake to return the old for new!

There's a simple reason not to do that. It is dishonest. Period.

It's also theft, as defined under the Criminal code of the State of Tennessee!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back