D300 and D200 pricing.

passerby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I saw full nikon advertisement yesterday which shows every digital cameras in nikon store. In it the price of D300 fitted with 16-85 VR lens for $3200. This lens in australia is $1000. Yet the D200 body only priced as $1800.

This pricing start tempting me. No! I promise I won't buy another camera for another year at least. But I don't know now. I think I should sit tight for another year. I can buy very good lens with that money, but that box comes with nice lens.

Anyway I need some light from you the experienced one here. With D300 body only and D200 body only is roughly $400 different, which one is better buy here, for a simple shooter like me.

Thanks people.

D300 smokes the D200 and if your into that kinda money spend the extra $400....

btw.... you NEED the D300.... so just go get it tomorrow for the weekend.....

forget about that voice in your head....

There is no question (in my mind) that the D300 is lightyears ahead of the D200. Okay, lightyears may have been a bit of a stretch, but regardless, the newer technology (CMOS sensor, 51 point AF system, ISO3200, 6 fps out of the box, just to name a few) are WELL WORTH THE PRICE OF ADMISSION.

Oh, one more thing. I suck as a photographer, but my keeper rate shot up immediately. Now I can save maybe 3-4 out of ten. :lol:

BTW, the 16-85mm lens is considered a consumer lens. I don't want to use the phrase "lipstick on a pig" by anymeans, but the D300 justifies better glass. Here's a quick guide to Nikkor's zoom line-up. (It does include FX and DX)

Last edited:
There is no question (in my mind) that the D300 is lightyears ahead of the D200. Okay, lightyears may have been a bit of a stretch, but regardless, the newer technology (CMOS sensor, 51 point AF system, ISO3200, 6 fps out of the box, just to name a few) are WELL WORTH THE PRICE OF ADMISSION.

:drool:

mmm..... all that dirty talk.....damn.... now I have to go out and get one tomorrow.....

^^ yeah, but I like your avatar much more than mine. :biggrin:

:drool:

mmm..... all that dirty talk.....damn.... now I have to go out and get one tomorrow.....

Heck, why not go big guns and get the D700 when it comes out.
I ordered mine a few days ago and I am just drooling waiting for it.
ISO 6400 :drool:

Heck, why not go big guns and get the D700 when it comes out.
I ordered mine a few days ago and I am just drooling waiting for it.
ISO 6400 :drool:

yes....mmm.... but i couldn't get that tomorrow..... I having enough trouble waiting for people to part with their D300's for the D700's....

you see.... in life there are NEEDS and WANTS... it is a life skill to separate the two...

i NEED the D300....

yes....mmm.... but i couldn't get that tomorrow..... I having enough trouble waiting for people to part with their D300's for the D700's....

you see.... in life there are NEEDS and WANTS... it is a life skill to separate the two...

i NEED the D300....

Just do what I did, get both.
Right now I have a D70s, D300 and a D700 on order.
You just need to convince your significant other that You need the D700 and the D300 will make a good backup.
But I am going to sell the D70s

Where in Canada are you?

Just do what I did, get both.
Right now I have a D70s, D300 and a D700 on order.
You just need to convince your significant other that You need the D700 and the D300 will make a good backup.
But I am going to sell the D70s

Where in Canada are you?

Huntsville, Muskoka, Ontario...... and I don't think I should be talking to you.... you have G.A.S. and I seem to be in a very weak state of mind right now...

the other problem is my wife..... she is completely oblivious to my crack like gear addiction..... the other day she came home early from being out with her friends and surprised me.... I had all my lenses on the kitchen table and was wiping them down....

she sits on my knee, puts her arms around me, looks into my guilty face and says:

Whatcha doing?

Me: well.... I'm cleaning my lenses

Her: that's nice honey.... I'm beat and going to bed.. have fun cleaning your lenses.... don't be up late...

:confused:

That is truely a sad tale to tell.

No... a truly sad tale is having an "arrangement" with my local UPS contractor to deliver goods to my office instead of the home address linked to my paypal account....

No... a truly sad tale is having an "arrangement" with my local UPS contractor to deliver goods to my office instead of the home address linked to my paypal account....

It sound like you are having an affair with the camera :lol:.

i might have to resort to the same, the wife FREAKED OUT when I told her I was considering the D700 - "Are you planning on stealing it from someone" was her first reaction. . . .shipments to my business address here I come :)

Whatcha doing?

Me: well.... I'm cleaning my lenses

Her: that's nice honey.... I'm beat and going to bed.. have fun cleaning your lenses.... don't be up late...

:confused:
She must not know how expensive glass can be:boogie:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back