D300 and D200 pricing.

here in canada the d300 is currently 1900 $ with the 70-200mm VR package and the battery pack...And the d700 is entering our realms starting from 3200 $ with the mid-zoom 24-120mm lens.

Just wait a year till the mpx battle is over and the full frames are under 2500 with their lenses.

I guarantee once the 5DMII comes out (or whatever they're calling it) those prices of nikons will be rock-bottoming..not to mention the D3X(H?) once IT comes out with its 30 something mpxs and iso compensation of over 25600, 51 AF points... the d300 is going to be obsolete in the next 6 months. So just wait and make do with what you have; buy within what you want and can afford, simple as that.

A camera like the d300 and you're not shooting professionally? You don't need it.

Simple

here in canada the d300 is currently 1900 $ with the 70-200mm VR package and the battery pack...And the d700 is entering our realms starting from 3200 $ with the mid-zoom 24-120mm lens.

Just wait a year till the mpx battle is over and the full frames are under 2500 with their lenses.

I guarantee once the 5DMII comes out (or whatever they're calling it) those prices of nikons will be rock-bottoming..not to mention the D3X(H?) once IT comes out with its 30 something mpxs and iso compensation of over 25600, 51 AF points... the d300 is going to be obsolete in the next 6 months. So just wait and make do with what you have; buy within what you want and can afford, simple as that.

A camera like the d300 and you're not shooting professionally? You don't need it.

Simple

All true except for the last statement - some of us have converted over from film and are waiting for an affordable full frame - I learned on my Dad's Pentax from the 70's, and was annoyed at how expensive entry dSLR's were LAST year for my D40x (with it's teeeney APS-C sensor); I'm stoked for the D700 because I'll have the amazing FF POV again. . .

Agreed on the prices - things are going to bottom out by next Xmas - I initially thought this christmas with the Gen 2 5D, but now with the D700, this market place is going BEZERK (but better for consumers!)

The last word I had from Nikon was that the pre-orders for the D700 have outpaced production. So much so, if you are not on the pre-order list don’t expect to be able to walk in and buy one until the New Year.

If this is true, then I would not count on them dropping in price that much, as well if Canon sees this why would they price the 5D mkII any less? If Nikon customers are willing to pay and the 5D mkII has the same features, why price it less.

Well, I just went from the D40 to the D200. It is more than enough camera for me and will last several years as I continue to learn. I am not making big bucks at all and am working on photography on the side so when I saw B&H drop the price of the D200 to $999.95 I went for it! I know the D300 is that much better but not worth the extra $500 for me. If I were makeing decent money with my photography then the D300 or D700 would be tempting. Anyway I love the D200, it is so much more than the D40!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good For you, I am sure you will love your new D200.
But it looks like you will need to change your name now.......

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good For you, I am sure you will love your new D200.
But it looks like you will need to change your name now.......

Thank you, Yes I do!:)

????How can I change the name???:)

Most reactions

Back