D300 ERR with 50mm F/1.8

vtwin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,

Just picked up a d300 from B&H and was trying all my lenses with it when i found that my 50mm was throwing an error message. I have cleaned the contacts and the message still continues. I am able to shoot just fine with no error with my 55-200 and 18-105. Has anyone had these issues? Does this sound like its a problem with the body, lens, or both?

Let me know what other info i can give you.

Thank you,
Robert

Is the lens aperture ring set to the smallest aperture? You might be used to the newer G-series lenses with no aperture ring, and are therefore not used to setting the ring to f/22. My first thought is the above.

Is the lens aperture ring set to the smallest aperture? You might be used to the newer G-series lenses with no aperture ring, and are therefore not used to setting the ring to f/22. My first thought is the above.
I am currently using a G-series lens (should have put that in original post). Also just plugged my 55-200mm back in and am not getting the err message again.

Poltergeists? :pale:
Oh god i hope not!
I am going to borrow a friends 50mm and see if the same problem occurs. If that is the case i will just file an RMA with B&H.

I sounds like there is an electronic fault in the lens.
I would agree but this is happening now in all of my lenses as well as my friend's.

So i think i found the problem. It wont shoot continuous frames. I think i have a shutter malfunction. I just submitted my rma, hopefully this goes smooth. I have never dealt with B&H before

B&H Photo Video is likely the most reputable photography store on planet Earth.

That is good to know and reassuring. I just shipped it back to them. In the rma I requested they send a replacement (I had the option of refund or other camera). So heres hoping to getting a fully operable camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back