D300 Raw... WTH

Sachphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so I cannot get anything to recognize my RAW files from my D300. The D80 files worked fine with no issues but the d300 file wont read. I downloaded the latest codec from NIKON and nothing... Any help is greatly needed.

I'm having the same issue with Nikon view with my D300s. Worked fine with my D200. I have resorted to using Adobe Bridge for transferring/viewing/filing photos.

Ok so I cannot get anything to recognize my RAW files from my D300. The D80 files worked fine with no issues but the d300 file wont read. I downloaded the latest codec from NIKON and nothing... Any help is greatly needed.

Your RAW converters are older than your D300. They must always be newer than the camera.

What applications and what OS are you using?

Every camera model has a unique propietary Raw format.

As mentioned you have to update your Adobe Camera Raw file.

It's amazing, since this type of post pops up a couple of times a week, week after week.

If you have a version of Photoshop older than CS3 you'll may have to upgrade that too, or convert all your .NEF files to .DNG.

I am running CS3. I think you are right as far as updating to newer versions. Im working on it now.

Only way I can get them to open is to convert them to DNG. Is this normal?
I dont realy feel like moving up to CS3

You'll definitely need to upgrade.

A little tip though. Unless you're using custom color profiles within Adobe your RAW shots aren't going to be correct in terms of color. The biggest improvement in my photography was when I started using CaptureNX2 for my original edits and importing a TIFF to photoshop for any work I couldn't do in CNX2.

That would also get around your issue of having to upgrade.

I dont have CNX2....

It has a free 15 or 30 day trial. Also, it would be cheaper to buy a copy of CNX2 than upgrading PS.

$125 on Amazon. Either way... you aren't going to be able to work with RAW without spending the money for new software.

I downloaded Adobe raw.. DNG converter and it opened in camera raw. IS this the same as working in raw?

Yes, it is working in RAW.

I assumed so.. I would use lightroom but it has crashed on me.. I moved up to Lightroom 2 and I get an error that I cannot fix. So I guess for now Ill stick to CS3.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back