D5100 Guide

Discussion in 'Nikon Cameras' started by Justin86, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Justin86

Justin86 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I got a D5100 a week ago and I am wondering what the best book or "guide" for this camera is. I have been reading the manual also, just looking for something extra. So far I have found the following books:

Complete Guide to the Nikon D5100

Magic Lantern Guides: Nikon D5100: Amazon.ca: Simon Stafford: Books

David Busch's Nikon D5100 Guide to Digital SLR Photography: Amazon.ca: David D. Busch: Books

I am looking for the best book on the D5100, I am also open to suggestions on other photography books that are good for a wanna be photographer.

Thanks in advance.

2. SCraig

SCraig Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
  3. KmH

KmH In memoriam Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit

Photography is all about recording light, so - Light Science and Magic, Fourth Edition: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting

Scott Kelby has a 3 volume set that is pretty popular - Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set, Volumes 1, 2, and 3

and it looks like he has added a 4th volume - The Digital Photography Book, Part 4

Visual image composition is also a big part of doing photography, so there iare Michael Freemam's books - The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos

The Photographer's Mind: Creative Thinking for Better Digital Photos

and Bryan Peterson's books are often recommended - Understanding Exposure, 3rd Edition: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera

Learning to See Creatively: Design, Color & Composition in Photography (Updated Edition)

Beyond Portraiture: Creative People Photography

That should keep you busy for a bit. :thumbup: