D5300 or D7100?

As I said the d7100 is better in my opinion

If you could recommend anything in that price bracket would you choose the D7100 over them all?

D7100, maybe the Canon 70d if video is your thing,(it's focus is designed to be good in live view and video) if the Pentax k3 was that price I'd look at that as well, but I'd say the Pentax is more expensive

You're displaying the symptoms of "buyers remorse". I think you should just accept your purchase. Your camera is really nice and sounds like you got a great deal. I have the D5100. It's older but still a really nice camera.
It's time to mentally move on and save your money for the next lens.

But I just really want to become more professional at these things.
Stop thinking and get the D7100!!! even with a slightly more expensive deal!

i went from a 5300 to a 7200, the 7100 and 7200 are pretty comparable, looks like the 7200 does a bit better with high iso, i think that is really the main difference that was important to me, i also think it has a improved focus system which also sounded good.

i really feel that i get better images with my D7200, and the 7100 should be pretty comparable to the 7200 overall

the 7200 body is nice, much easier to get to some settings quickly, i feel the colors come out nicer for some reason, over all image quality is a little better IMO, i can use a faster shutter speed when using a speed light with the D7200 and there are also quite a few other little things that i like withe he 7200

the D5300 is a very nice camera, i got lots of nice photos out of mine, it did well in low light too but i do like the 7200 allot more. but i was overall happy with the 5300 but always kind of wished i would have got the 7200, one day i got the itch to go out and get the 7200 and i am glad i did

D7100 for...the in-body autofocusing motor system; the second command dial, so one control for f/stop, a second control for shutter speed shifting; a BETTER pentaprism viewfinder system, in the D7100, versus the smaller, cheaper, not-quite-as-good pentamirror system the 3xxx and 5xxx Nikons use; the ability to focus with older, AF and AF-D and in fact all other screw-driven Nikon lenses. So, D7100 would be the preferred camera over the D5300 for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back