D600 - Next Lens?

Tarazed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just picked up a body only D600 referb and have the following lenses 20mm Voigtlander, 50mm 1.8 D and an 80-200 AF-S. I traded some of my other gear in jump to FX ;) I shoot everything, so looking for any ideas. What would you consider next?

Something in the 28-35mm range. That, or something to replace the 20mm. I hear the vignetting on that lens is close to 3 stops.

Your right! It was great on DX, but will need to be replaced. I may try a wide zoom. As far as shooting goes mostly family photos, sports, some landscapes and even some street photography. I traded my macro because I didn't use it much.

You might be able to pick up a 24-85 f/3.5-4.5 on Craigs list. In my area they are asking 350.00 + as they had a special $1995.00 with that lens when I bought mine.

Before I picked up the D600, I borrowed an 18-70 for my D7000 and had some fun with it. I hadn't used a normal zoom in a while and found it was easy and fun to use, plus the 18-70 is actually a really nice lens. I plan on getting lenses better suited to the D600 when I have some more funds (still looking for ideas), but I was just reading online about the older Nikon 28-105 F3.5-4.5D. Maybe that could provide the same performance as the 18-70/D7000 combo? Good for a light kit with a prime or two? Does anyone have any experience with the 28-105? Plus it also does some macro and I just traded in my macro lens for the D600.

Thanks! I guess that's the FX equivalent to the DX 12-24. I often considered that lens, but never in anticipation of going to FX. How does that lens compare to the Nikon 16-35 btw?

Thanks! I guess that's the FX equivalent to the DX 12-24. I often considered that lens, but never in anticipation of going to FX. How does that lens compare to the Nikon 16-35 btw?

If the Nikon is really any better then I fail to see the point. Maybe At f4 but who in their right mind shoots a lens at it's widest when they don't have to anyway?

I'm slowly falling in love with the Nikon 35mm f1.4 I rented over the holidays! It's wide enough on the 600 that you can capture a lot, but with a bit of movement you can frame beautiful portraits. I'm using it in indoor social situations and it is perfect. It sucks light right in. It's sharp. And it's relatively compact and balances with the camera nicely. A bit pricey at $1800 but with ED glass it's worth it.

If you're into primes, give it a look!

Lem

Most reactions

Back