d610 spots/oil on sensor too!?

Well it is definitely entirely possible that I am just extremely unlucky, that does match up with the rest of my life in general... Anyway, I have sent a long and heartfelt email to Nikon, I know their staff are always super nice and helpful so I hope they will find a way to fix this without me being another 2 weeks without a camera. Wish me luck.

Oh and here is a screenshot on a clear background, it is definitely the same problem as the d600 :/
FB_DNP_2377.jpg

OK- yeah I see at least 2 spots on the left side with the blue image now.

2?
I see a bunch of them :p
Even on the right side there are 4 or 5 spots.
But the left side is miserable.

Better luck next time.

Cheers

Are you guys using magnifying glasses or something?

can you tell me how many spots I have in this image:

box.gif

Are you guys using magnifying glasses or something?

can you tell me how many spots I have in this image:

box.gif
Even with my bad eyes I can see a bunch of spots on his blue background.

btw, there's 26 spots in your white circle :)

I saw a bunch and then realized my monitor is super dirty. After I cleaned it I saw a few for real.

Can't you see those?!

KunSw8d.jpg

Maybe it's time to change glasses :p

Cheers

how are you getting this photo? that's not what was posted.

i agree it looks like a D600

480sparky said:
Cleaning a DSLR sensor is part and parcel of owning said DSLR, just like oil changes are part of owning a car.

Yeah....your camera is throwing up a lot of junk into that one corner and edge...but when I look at that I see allllllllllll of the clean, clear frame area. If you shot at f/5.6, that whole capture area would be your oyster. SHots made stopped down to f/16 against a blue sky background are not my speciality, but I DO KNOW that they do show those nice, clean sky-specks pretty well.

You ought to see how dirty I let my sensor get before I clean it...

o_O I really can't tell if people are just making fun or not.

Anyway for the blind photographers among us here's a close up of the top left corner. The top right corner is almost perfectly clean even at this same scale.

I'll write back if I get any interesting response from Nikon about it. Also if anyone else has any d610 issues like this please let me know, am curious if I really am the only one...

DNP_2377_2.jpg

I see it large - it's the same pic I've posted but zoomed on the dots.

Cheers

480sparky said:
Cleaning a DSLR sensor is part and parcel of owning said DSLR, just like oil changes are part of owning a car.

You ought to see how dirty I let my sensor get before I clean it...

I don't think I have ever cleaned a camera sensor :cool-new:

Most reactions

Back