D700

What's the grape vine saying about the D400? When? Price? New Features?
Any rumors on what's after the D90??

Thinking about a new D300 or D90, but if a new generation is coming, might consider waiting.
Thanks!

What's the grape vine saying about the D400? When? Price? New Features?
Any rumors on what's after the D90??

Thinking about a new D300 or D90, but if a new generation is coming, might consider waiting.
Thanks!

If you are going to do it DO IT!! and don't look back. As we all know if you play the waiting game with electronics you will never buy anything. There is always something new over the horizon a new model and update it really is all planned obsolescence to keep you chasing the newest and best thing.

I would suspect the D700 to be about what the D300 is right now, floating around $1800-2000.

You can get D700's on ebay right now for $2099, and that's usually the best gauge for how the bodies are pricing out.

Remember, the D400 is around the corner, and the D90 will continue to erode the D300 prices, which will "allow" for a cheaper D700. . .although, I'm not sure how Nikon is going to price the D400 below the D700?? Maybe a D700x is more likely??

I'd wait though if you're not going to use it. . .prices won't go up on a digital body!
I think the chances of a d700x coming out before a new upper end crop body are extremely slim. A d300x is more likely, which will be a d300 with more megapixels, to compete with the megapixel count on the Canon 50d (whooo, more megapixels, yay).

The price point on it will probably be half way between the D300 and D700. Here in my part of Canada, the D300 is going at $1600 and the D700 at $3278, not hard to price something out between those.

Even the US price, on Adorama is $2700. 2100 bucks is a great price.

I think the chances of a d700x coming out before a new upper end crop body are extremely slim. A d300x is more likely, which will be a d300 with more megapixels, to compete with the megapixel count on the Canon 50d (whooo, more megapixels, yay).

The price point on it will probably be half way between the D300 and D700. Here in my part of Canada, the D300 is going at $1600 and the D700 at $3278, not hard to price something out between those.

Even the US price, on Adorama is $2700. 2100 bucks is a great price.
And the other part of the rumor is higher ISOs as well. But as it stands these are nothing but, rumors. And we all know how the mill runs.

You say that your leg is injured, I don't know how injured it is, i dont know if you're bed-ridden or not, but if you're not, do it. I paid almost $3000 for my D700 when it first came out and i'm so happy I did. The upgrade from my D70s was well worth it, even though i'm using the 24-120, which really isn't *that* bad if your shooting in its sweet spot.

It'd better be a heck of a deal and well under $2300 to be worth it becuase I paid $2320 and it is still available for the same price any day of the week from Sigma4less.com.

^^ They rape you on shipping costs, but they are still cheaper than Adorama or B&H with free shipping......... hmmmm

OK... OK.... :lol: I will take the beating for that little conflict in opinion but my situation is a little different. He is waiting on tech I am waiting on price. Plus I already have a camera and will not REALLY needthe D700 for at least a year or more as my leg is injured and will proclude me for some time from doing weddings.

You say that your leg is injured, I don't know how injured it is, i dont know if you're bed-ridden or not, but if you're not, do it. I paid almost $3000 for my D700 when it first came out and i'm so happy I did. The upgrade from my D70s was well worth it, even though i'm using the 24-120, which really isn't *that* bad if your shooting in its sweet spot.

X-Rays003.jpg

Well that^^^ followed by 11 surgeries an infection and the loss of 3" of the bone does not make weddings an easy task.

X-Rays003.jpg

Well that^^^ followed by 11 surgeries an infection and the loss of 3" of the bone does not make weddings an easy task.

Holy ****. I know its off topic a little, but someone has to ask, how hard and what in the hell did you hit to do that??

X-Rays003.jpg

Christ almighty! WTF happened?

you had osteomylitis as well? Umm. . .how do you have the energy to even take pictures/post on this board. . good luck with the recovery man!

Oh Wow that's serious! Hope you recover soon. But I have to ask too: how'd that happen?

But as for the D700: I say go for it. The price of digital cameras in general is stabilizing compared to the early days(10 years ago or so) and DSLRs do not depreciate at the rate they used to. It might be the same price either way to buy the D700 now or wait for it. The only difference is that you could own it now instead of later.

Most reactions

Back