What's new

D7000 Cleaning?

There is a visible scratch, and I am also concerned about the dirt in the viewfinder. Thanks for the information though!
Your OP indicates a possible "scuff or something"... If it's something that only shows up during long exposures it's not likely to be a scratch, and the high-pass filter in front of your sensor is made of mineral glass or something similar; very difficult to scratch, BUT if there is a problem, than you are better off to send it to Nikon.

Have you confirmed that the dust in the viewfinder is definitely not dust on the bottom side of the pentaprism (inside the mirror chamber)?

I raised the mirror, and there is a white line on the sensor that did not come off with air / microfiber. And how would I check?
 
Tevo, were you able to clean it all up?
 
There is a visible scratch, and I am also concerned about the dirt in the viewfinder. Thanks for the information though!
Your OP indicates a possible "scuff or something"... If it's something that only shows up during long exposures it's not likely to be a scratch, and the high-pass filter in front of your sensor is made of mineral glass or something similar; very difficult to scratch, BUT if there is a problem, than you are better off to send it to Nikon.

Have you confirmed that the dust in the viewfinder is definitely not dust on the bottom side of the pentaprism (inside the mirror chamber)?

I raised the mirror, and there is a white line on the sensor that did not come off with air / microfiber. And how would I check?
Leave the mirror down.

The focusing screen gets covered by the mirror when the mirror is up. Any dust you can see in the viewfinder is usually on the rear lens element, the focusing screen, or the viewfinder eyepiece. Dust you see in the viewfinder cannot be on the image sensor.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom