What's new

D7000 Focus = I'm Satisfied

Light Artisan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
16
Location
Minnesota
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was concerned that the D7000 would have difficulty in hard to focus situations, especially with birds in flight.

Today I had an opportunity to test it, and I'm very satisfied with the results. I bought the D7000 as a high ISO backup for my D300s, but it just might be my primary body after today.

All handheld with a Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 (no OS / VR)

100% crop on this one:

002111510 by Light Artisan Photography, on Flickr


Mallard by Light Artisan Photography, on Flickr


Mallard by Light Artisan Photography, on Flickr


Mallard by Light Artisan Photography, on Flickr


Mallard by Light Artisan Photography, on Flickr
 
How do you like it compared to your d300s? focus wise?
They are probably gonna use the new 4800 in the next "d4***" series any way. i guess it is better :P
 
Last edited:
Too soon to make draw any conclusions, however my keeper rate seems to have gone up while using the D7000 exclusively the last few days since I've had it.

So far I've managed to do some wildlife (as shown), portraits and landscapes.

The autofocus seems to lock on and track very well (I haven't used the 3D tracking yet, but it tracks 'with me' as I pan if that makes sense).

Very fast and accurage, even in brush... keep in mind, the following photo was taken just to show how it can single out a small brown bird among tree brances quite quickly, it's not a stellar shot by any means - I just wanted to test it's abilities today.

Large crop:

003111510 by Light Artisan Photography, on Flickr

Colors are nice and vibrant as well:

Turbines at Sunset by Light Artisan Photography, on Flickr


1600 ISO, it was nearing sundown so 1/60th shutter:

Whitetail Deer by Light Artisan Photography, on Flickr
 
Those shots look better when you click on them and go to your flicker site. IMHO they don't look very good as they are displayed here. I thought it was your lens, but when you click them they look much better. Not a fan of hosting on Flicker.
 
Me either, I keep my 'good work' on SmugMug.
 
i was wondering about the virtues of photos on Flickr vs SmugMug. I prefer SmugMug too but have not pulled the pay for trigger....
 
Very nice, this little cam keeps impressing me
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom