D7100 Buffer Specs

No one I know in the business would pitch a D7xxx as an "entry level" camera--ever.

Well, it's certainly not a "Pro" level camera so that doesn't leave a lot of other choices.

In general all of Nikon's DX cameras are considered "Entry Level" or "Consumer Grade" with the possible exception of the D300 which Nikon dubbed as a "Professional Grade" DX-format body.

Then Nikon's in the business of selling "entry level' and "consumer grade" cameras, since DX makes up close to 90% of their DSLR sales.

Then Nikon's in the business of selling "entry level' and "consumer grade" cameras, since DX makes up close to 90% of their DSLR sales.

It depends what you call a pro camera.
Nikon defines it in 2 groups: consumer and pro.
But it's the photographer who defines for himself what his camera means to him.
It 's not the camera that is pro, it's the photographer.

In fact, a pro photographer can make a good shot with a consumer camera.

No one I know in the business would pitch a D7xxx as an "entry level" camera--ever.
Why not? Nikon does.

Nikon absolutely sells mostly consumer grade cameras. Figure Nikon sells several thousand entry-level cameras for every prosumer grade camera they sell.
You can also figure Nikon sells a several tens of thousands of consumer grade cameras for every pro grade came they sell.

FWIW - None of Canon's camera bodies have had an auto focus motor, or a lens aperture motor in them since the introduction of Canon's EOS system in 1987.

I like how you word your posts so that it would seem that to a novice user that Canon DSLRs do not have any ability to AF. When instead, you chose not to mention that every EF lens will autofocus on any EOS camera since 1987. And even MORE legacy lenses are adaptable to a Canon mount due to the flange distance... Which Nikon does not do well with.

Why not? Nikon does.

Nikon absolutely sells mostly consumer grade cameras. Figure Nikon sells several thousand entry-level cameras for every prosumer grade camera they sell.
You can also figure Nikon sells a several tens of thousands of consumer grade cameras for every pro grade came they sell.

Nikon most definitely doesn't position the D7xxx bodies as "entry level" DX cameras. Where do you shop?

The D7100 is an entry-level camera.

Nikon has redefined a number of entry-level camera attributes by moving some prosumer grade parts to their D7xxx cameras.
The D7100 buffer capacity is essentially the same as the D300s.
Part of the issue with buffer capacity is the increase in the number of pixels on image sensors.

Sort of a - rob Peter to pay Paul - situation.

I wouldn't consider the d7xxx a entry level because every pro photographer I know that shoots nikon has a d7xxx in their bag with their d4 & d800/d700 because of its identical layout and quality images it produces. It's mainly because of the crop factor that lets them afford to shoot a 70-200mm f2.8 that turns into a 105-300mm f2.8 and saves him several thousand dollars because they don't have to fork out the extra loot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back